Official NBA 22-23

On 6/23/2023 at 6:50 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Bulls must be all in on Van Fleet if they aren’t blowing this up, right? Is the direct lonzo comments precursor to what bulls will file for relief and than they get Van Fleet and find some shooting and pay luxury tax? If that doesn’t work then I guess you are just blowing it up from there? 

KC Johnson was on the radio the other day and laughed at the idea they could afford Van Fleet

On 6/24/2023 at 11:32 PM, fathom said:

KC Johnson was on the radio the other day and laughed at the idea they could afford Van Fleet

No, he more laughed at the idea that they would create a package necessary to make that sign and trade happen.   He talked about what would need to happen to make it work 

The Sox and Bulls front offices operate the same way.

1. Make plan
2. Sell fanbase on plan
3. Plan begins to have mild success, get on your own supply.
4. If plan begins to falter, do nothing to adjust. Continuity/believing in your guys or something
5. Mediocrity.
6. Sell merch because they have two of the best brands in sports thanks to Jordan and hip-hop.

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

The Sox and Bulls front offices operate the same way.

1. Make plan
2. Sell fanbase on plan
3. Plan begins to have mild success, get on your own supply.
4. If plan begins to falter, do nothing to adjust. Continuity/believing in your guys or something
5. Mediocrity.
6. Sell merch because they have two of the best brands in sports thanks to Jordan and hip-hop.

you need a sub line (a.) to every line that says "do not go into the tax"

2 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I guess we are just going to run it back yet again?

AKME just hoping this team gets hot again and somehow ends up a top 6 seed like in 2021.

TBF, they do have an MLE, BAE, and disabled player exception. So they have the ability to make some moves if what AK said about going into the tax is true.

51 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Among centers, Vuc was 5th in win shares and 10th in real plus minus. They got him on a really good deal too. 

Would love to hear how people would have wanted to him replaced. 

They kept a mediocre aging center that doesn’t move the needle.  Not exactly something to celebrate.  Nor is keeping Vuc simply because they handcuffed themselves and didn’t have a better option.  

Running this team back isn’t a winning strategy, it’s merely doubling down on the deep deep hole they’ve dug themselves.  All while delaying the long and painful, but necessary, process of starting over.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

AKME just hoping this team gets hot again and somehow ends up a top 6 seed like in 2021.

TBF, they do have an MLE, BAE, and disabled player exception. So they have the ability to make some moves if what AK said about going into the tax is true.

I hate what they've put together as much as anyone, but they were a different team when Lonzo was in the mix so that tempers my criticism.  Tuff luck.

3 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

I hate what they've put together as much as anyone, but they were a different team when Lonzo was in the mix so that tempers my criticism.  Tuff luck.

It really is. This team with a competent PG has shown they are a pretty good team. 9 over .500 with Ball and 4 over with Pat Bev. 

If they don't add someone better than Dragic this year, I will be disappointed.  There's still time for me to not be disappointed.  

6 hours ago, scs787 said:

It really is. This team with a competent PG has shown they are a pretty good team. 9 over .500 with Ball and 4 over with Pat Bev. 

If they don't add someone better than Dragic this year, I will be disappointed.  There's still time for me to not be disappointed.  

There's some decent PGs that can be had. Monte Morris would be a nice add on this team. He fits into Lonzo's disabled player exception (if it gets approved in time) and the Wizards have an influx of PGs. They can also try to sign DiVincenzo with the MLE. Both are more or less role players but much better PG options than what the Bulls currently have. 

25 minutes ago, chw42 said:

There's some decent PGs that can be had. Monte Morris would be a nice add on this team. He fits into Lonzo's disabled player exception (if it gets approved in time) and the Wizards have an influx of PGs. They can also try to sign DiVincenzo with the MLE. Both are more or less role players but much better PG options than what the Bulls currently have. 

Not knocking you, but any of those names are unacceptable.  That is basically the equivalent of running it back and it was already a mediocre at best team before.  Staying status quo when you have limited guys on the upward trajectory of their career is just pathetic (in terms of what the Bulls front office would be enabling).  

Don't get me wrong - I expect exactly what you said above and that will be a clear failure. If they somehow get crazy creative and take a swing at a top 12 point guard (no idea who that is) plus add a few wings and pay the tax - by all means, than I tip my cap and say, okay, this may blow up, but at least you took a shot at what I'll call the upward treading of water approach (where you try to always be competitive and fall forward - maybe its the Miami Heat approach, I don't know).  

13 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Not knocking you, but any of those names are unacceptable.  That is basically the equivalent of running it back and it was already a mediocre at best team before.  Staying status quo when you have limited guys on the upward trajectory of their career is just pathetic (in terms of what the Bulls front office would be enabling).  

Don't get me wrong - I expect exactly what you said above and that will be a clear failure. If they somehow get crazy creative and take a swing at a top 12 point guard (no idea who that is) plus add a few wings and pay the tax - by all means, than I tip my cap and say, okay, this may blow up, but at least you took a shot at what I'll call the upward treading of water approach (where you try to always be competitive and fall forward - maybe its the Miami Heat approach, I don't know).  

FVV is probably the guy you're alluding to in the 2nd paragraph, but I doubt they can make that work.