Official NBA 22-23

1 hour ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Doesn't mean that he didn't have a role in it, only that there's no percentage in patting someone on the back who's no longer there.  I'm not saying he did have a role and he's sure made some odd moves here.  At least he "came from a winning organization" which is always one of the automatics in hiring around this board.

Plenty of love for Masai Ujiri and Tim Connelly in these, who are no longer there

If bulls can get a haul for Zach please do it. Than move Derozan or keep him half the season as a good lockeroom guy and deal him at deadline to highest bidder. 

Sign and trade Vuc and resign White to a 1+1 deal and let the young guys play and just accumulate some assets before next offseason where maybe you try again but with better assets than they had last time. 

On 6/16/2023 at 6:04 PM, Chisoxfn said:

If bulls can get a haul for Zach please do it. Than move Derozan or keep him half the season as a good lockeroom guy and deal him at deadline to highest bidder. 

Sign and trade Vuc and resign White to a 1+1 deal and let the young guys play and just accumulate some assets before next offseason where maybe you try again but with better assets than they had last time. 

Sounds like a plan.  So somebody has one.  Somebody in the FO?  That's another story.

Edited by Stinky Stanky

Please make some big moves between now and EOD Thursday.  Status quo can not work.  If you can get a good package with Blazers or Heat for Lavine - do it. If you want to keep Derozan around until the deadline - to provide great veteran, leadership, fine by me.  

Than S&T Vuc, trade Caruso (again preferably this week) and see if there are any other people you can take flyers on as you hit reset.  And than as much as I don't think White / Williams are anything - give them minutes.  Development is not always linear in the NBA and Williams is young.  Without anything better - might as well give plenty of opportunity.  

I don't think a S&T will be there for Vuc.

The only thing mildly interesting will be the improbable event that they trade lavine and return Portland's #3. Probably then should just re-sign vuc, Stretch + waive lonzo. I think you then it depends on salary whether you could re-sign Coby.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I don't think a S&T will be there for Vuc.

The only thing mildly interesting will be the improbable event that they trade lavine and return Portland's #3. Probably then should just re-sign vuc, Stretch + waive lonzo. I think you then it depends on salary whether you could re-sign Coby.

I don't think they will get a ton for Vuc - but it seems like S&T happen and the market for Vuc will be interesting. His contract should be relatively reasonable - but than you see random quotes like 3 yr 20+M/yr which seems crazy to me). With that said - I think he gets more than MLE and if Bulls are willing to facilitate for whomever that parnter is, there is at least some value there - even if it is a heavily protected pick or maybe taking a flyer on a change of scenery candidate.  

But I don't get how they can stay status quo at this point.  Got to move Lavine and start over - kind of like when they traded Butler...this time the Bulls better hope it works better.  

49 minutes ago, bmags said:

Who is excited to see what Karnisovas won’t do tonight?

Can’t wait for another draft in which the sit-on-their-hands-iest org in the association once again sits on their hands and doesn’t improve the roster one bit. 

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

Very likely worse 

Definitely seems to be worse than Pax.  I consider Pax the era where he was GM. He had a really good run before he got complacent and turned things over to Gar.  But my impression of the Bulls front office thus far is total train wreck.  Running back will be the worse possible idea. I'm okay if they decide they are going to be a tax payer and add a PG and 2 good shooters for spacing and bring the crew back, fine by me - at least its doing something and maybe that makes them more competitive and they get a star who wants to come join them and they build themselves up that way.

I'm also perfectly accept a full blown blow it up too and am fine giving the front office the chance to do that (I would have more faith if they made that decision).  But if they literally do nothing but bring in some bottom 10 starting PG - than that tells me all I need to know about this front office.  

2nd rounder they got will probably be nothing - but I like fact he is athletic and long. Can’t shoot - but form isn’t bad so maybe he can somehow stun us and develop an improved shot and turn into something. Probably will be nothing but I at least like the profile they drafted. 

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

2nd rounder they got will probably be nothing - but I like fact he is athletic and long. Can’t shoot - but form isn’t bad so maybe he can somehow stun us and develop an improved shot and turn into something. Probably will be nothing but I at least like the profile they drafted. 

Highest vertical in the draft, so there's that. Basically a DJJ replacement for no money.

5 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d75izc3pzmxz78hu0s2w

Hypothetically speaking, can the sign even a guy like Van Fleet?? 

Like, sign Van Fleet first, then resign Coby and Vuc? 

14 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Highest vertical in the draft, so there's that. Basically a DJJ replacement for no money.

I don’t think they are able to operate with anything but a MLE. I guess they could have Toronto S&T him but we really only have this zombie Portland first rounder

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The Bulls and Sox are pretty much identical, except the Sox fans are not dumb enough to support a terrible product...versus one of the best-attended teams in the business. 

Not even having a new toy/draft pick to play with is even more disheartening. 

Malfeasance definity applies here.

3 hours ago, scs787 said:

I don’t think they have much cap space to throw a larger contract around.  Probably not enough for a difference maker. 

I just laugh at the notion that AK has the green light to go into the tax when they have bumped right up against it the past season+ and refused to add anything that would put them over.  So instead they will resign Vuc and lazily run it back, locking themselves into more mediocrity with no way to improve for the foreseeable future.  Such inspiring profit over winning we get from JR owned teams..:

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I don’t think they have much cap space to throw a larger contract around.  Probably not enough for a difference maker. 

I just laugh at the notion that AK has the green light to go into the tax when they have bumped right up against it the past season+ and refused to add anything that would put them over.  So instead they will resign Vuc and lazily run it back, locking themselves into more mediocrity with no way to improve for the foreseeable future.  Such inspiring profit over winning we get from JR owned teams..:

Also ridiculous that they didn't make their Vuc decision prior to the trade deadline then. He should have either been shipped out or extended at that point.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bmags said:

I don’t think they are able to operate with anything but a MLE. I guess they could have Toronto S&T him but we really only have this zombie Portland first rounder

Are we sure? I know you can go over the tax to sign your own guys. 

IDK where they are right now but ya gotta figure with Vuc and the 1st round contract of Coby not on the books they should have space....right??

2 hours ago, scs787 said:

Are we sure? I know you can go over the tax to sign your own guys. 

IDK where they are right now but ya gotta figure with Vuc and the 1st round contract of Coby not on the books they should have space....right??

I believe there is still a cap hold for your own guys which complicated matters.  I barely pay attention to the NBA any more so perhaps someone more knowledgeable can shine light on what is possible. 

Bulls must be all in on Van Fleet if they aren’t blowing this up, right? Is the direct lonzo comments precursor to what bulls will file for relief and than they get Van Fleet and find some shooting and pay luxury tax? If that doesn’t work then I guess you are just blowing it up from there?