Official NBA 22-23

8 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The team needs a real point guard if they want to contend. What do they do - spend more money on bench players. Dumbasses. 

Outside of VanFleet, who was out there? You want Rus?? Trade for Harden?? 

Carter was stuck behind Holliday and played well as the starter when Jrue was out. 

12 hours ago, scs787 said:

It's an upgrade over Pat Bev and they weren't God awful with him. 

Seriously.  I think outside of adding a star, some bull fans aren't gonna be happy. 

Everyone screams about them needing more 3 point shooting and then scoff at them adding a guy who finished 10th in 3P%. 

Ok great, they added a shooter.  What does this solve in the big picture though?  They weren’t even a playoff team last year.  So they might now have a punchers chance at the 6th seed and that precious playoff revenue?  Color me excited!🙄

• Like 1

AKME painted themselves into a corner and handcuffed themselves to a mediocre roster.  Not losing assets for nothing is hardly something to celebrate when the team as is is going nowhere and has little to no room for growth or hope for improvement.  They mortgaged the immediate future and hard-capped themselves for a “competitive” team that isn’t good enough.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

AKME painted themselves into a corner and handcuffed themselves to a mediocre roster.  Not losing assets for nothing is hardly something to celebrate when the team as is is going nowhere and has little to no room for growth or hope for improvement.  They mortgaged the immediate future and hard-capped themselves for a “competitive” team that isn’t good enough.  

They got handcuffed because their 80 million dollar point guard, whom they were having success with, got injured. 

Hard to say if they are/were a title contender with him or not, but weren't they top 5 in offense and defense. They put together a team that worked...they just got hit with bad luck..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

Outside of VanFleet, who was out there? You want Rus?? Trade for Harden?? 

Carter was stuck behind Holliday and played well as the starter when Jrue was out. 

They have went two years - akme is hAhn. No excuse. If you need to flip other parts, you should have done it. 

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

They have went two years - akme is hAhn. No excuse. If you need to flip other parts, you should have done it. 

We don't know what's gone on with the info they got regarding Balls injury. This time last year we were under the impression Ball would be back last season weren't we? 

What other parts should they have flipped?

Are we talking starting, production wise?? PWill is the same size as Aaron Gordon and he worked out well as the starting PF for the champion Nuggets.  

Isn't that kind of the trend now anyways?? Teams are getting smaller and positionless? 

I'm all for moving Williams to the bench though. I wish he'd just learn to be more aggressive alllll the time. 

55 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Are we talking starting, production wise?? PWill is the same size as Aaron Gordon and he worked out well as the starting PF for the champion Nuggets.  

Isn't that kind of the trend now anyways?? Teams are getting smaller and positionless? 

I'm all for moving Williams to the bench though. I wish he'd just learn to be more aggressive alllll the time. 

Gordon is 20 pounds heavier which helps bang around inside a bit more and not get bullied by bigger PFs 
I didn't watch a ton last year but always thought we got pushed around a lot inside especially with our bench guys, we really didn't have a back up PF. When you have Derrick Jones or Javonte Green as your back up PF there are issues. 

Nuggets also have Porter who is 6'10 and Jokic so they had plenty of size, we did not. 

Edited by BigHurt3515

14 hours ago, scs787 said:

We don't know what's gone on with the info they got regarding Balls injury. This time last year we were under the impression Ball would be back last season weren't we? 

What other parts should they have flipped?

I get it - but these were the type of moves he should have made last offseason as insurance for Ball. He didn’t and thus the franchise wasted a year in pure mediocrity. If they wanted to roll - at deadline upgrade the position - no excuse find a way…that way they could have figured out this past year whether there was more upside or not. 

Now they are semi locked in. Not totally cause you can always flip switch this deadline I suppose. 

With that said - I didn’t mind what they did. None of the moves so far stink - it’s more I don’t see them being enough to be more than a 6/7/8 seed and a team that doesn’t have upside beyond that as constructed. 

Isn’t Brogdon in last year of his deal. I know he gets hurt but why not him? 

12 hours ago, scs787 said:

Aaron Gordon plays more like a 4 though and they also have Jokic at 5. 

11 hours ago, scs787 said:

What's kinda funny is Will Perdue was on the radio and brought up wanting help at PF position. He wants Grant Williams....who is 6'6"

Grant is good and I will admit - even though I don’t think Patrick Williams is going to be a good starter in this league - he seems to be putting in work and hopefully he can surprise us and really take some bigger steps forward. 

Now if they want to get in on a Lillard deal with Blazers - I’d be good with Simmons and Hero. No clue what Portland would get beyond Lavine, but Lavine gets to Pacific Northwest…bulls get younger…use Derozan as the mentor with Vuc. Roster all of a sudden a heck of a lot more flexible too. 

No earthly idea why Portland would do that - but they paid Grant and I think wanted to keep Lillard so maybe they don’t want to fully tear it down and would be fine with a Lillard for Lavine swap. Gets them younger - Lillard is better but older. 

I actually don’t mind if Bulls flipped Lavine for young guys and picks and than gave Derozan a 2yr extension or something. Let Derozan and Vuc be good vets around young players - and than add and build and than star up.

That is actually what I would probably do at this point. Maybe Blazers give us their top pick plus Simmons for Lavine and their pick and Ayo. No idea why - but help facilitate Dame deal or add 4th team in mix such as Philly who I think would be stellar fit for Lavine. 

I will point out though - as flawed as Lavine is as the alpha dog - he is a freaking super efficient scorer who crushed it 2nd half of season and given all these recent contracts his 40M don’t look too bad. 

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I get it - but these were the type of moves he should have made last offseason as insurance for Ball. He didn’t and thus the franchise wasted a year in pure mediocrity. If they wanted to roll - at deadline upgrade the position - no excuse find a way…that way they could have figured out this past year whether there was more upside or not. 

Now they are semi locked in. Not totally cause you can always flip switch this deadline I suppose. 

With that said - I didn’t mind what they did. None of the moves so far stink - it’s more I don’t see them being enough to be more than a 6/7/8 seed and a team that doesn’t have upside beyond that as constructed. 

Isn’t Brogdon in last year of his deal. I know he gets hurt but why not him? 

I will say the Dragic move ended up being a really bad one. They were looking to get a bridge guy back to Ball and failed. He wasn't too far removed from being good though so I kinda understood it. But yeah, that failed. They went out and got Pat Bev too late. 

Still though the "Big 3" AKME put together has shown it kinda works when there's a competent PG involved. Carter looks like he can be that guy. Not sure he has the same top end vision that Ball has, but if you watch his highlights, the dude can pass the rock. He also gives you top end defense like Ball did. There were talks in the Milwaukee media about him deserving All Defensive team consideration....Mix that in with bring 10th in 3P% on a pretty high volume and I think they may have got a guy here. 

On 7/1/2023 at 8:59 AM, scs787 said:

They got handcuffed because their 80 million dollar point guard, whom they were having success with, got injured. 

Hard to say if they are/were a title contender with him or not, but weren't they top 5 in offense and defense. They put together a team that worked...they just got hit with bad luck..

We are nearly two years removed from that flash-in-the-pan hot start with Lonzo, a guy who sadly may never play again.  Sitting on their hands because a guy got injured is a sorry excuse for not improving the team.  Whatever they were with Lonzo is long past, and probably wouldn’t have been sustainable anyway.  Hoping Lonzo heals and magically returns them to that brief moment where they looked like a top team is a fools errand.  I keep hearing excuses and continue to see a FO fail to find solutions.  Saying they are handcuffed because I guy got injured is valid for only so long.  They have had plenty of time, yet here we are. 

I think they were pretty much stuck, either go total rebuild or try again until the deadline and dump guys then. They probably determined going this way , even if it doesn’t work, was worth a few less ping pong balls in the lottery.

The NBA may be finally changing. For years there never were more than a few teams that really had a chance to win the championship or even make the finals.  The playoffs will-never be the crapshoot like other sports,  but it is getting closer.