2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

13 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm sure they would but you'd have to find a taker.

How about this video game trade, just for shits and giggles:

TA + Hendriks + Grandal

for

Volpe + Wells + Dievi Garcia + Donaldson + $15M (covers difference in Grandal/Donaldson pay + $8M buyout + a bit)

LOLZ. f*** Donaldson. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

TA + Hendriks + Grandal

for

Volpe + Wells + Dievi Garcia + Donaldson + $15M (covers difference in Grandal/Donaldson pay + $8M buyout + a bit)

LOLZ. f*** Donaldson. 

I'd love a Volpe get. If Wells can't stick at C (40 grade), then I'd rather some other prospect.

37 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

TA + Hendriks + Grandal

for

LOLZ. f*** Donaldson. 

I adjusted mine for funzies to Anderson and Hendriks for Volpe, Jones, Gil and LeMahieu (more helpful salary dump for us). We'd still have ~12 points in the trade value simulator to add too.  Would free up Andersons money to use towards Conforto

10 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'd love a Volpe get. If Wells can't stick at C (40 grade), then I'd rather some other prospect.

Yeah I mean I was mostly just kidding but if you’re gonna trade TA + Hendriks, I want an elite near MLB ready prospect back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I adjusted mine for funzies to Anderson and Hendriks for Volpe, Jones, Gil and LeMahieu (more helpful salary dump for us). We'd still have ~12 points in the trade value simulator to add too.  Would free up Andersons money to use towards Conforto

I’d love getting Lamahieu. Last year or two of that deal might suck a bit but he’s a great fit. Doubt NYY would hand him over tho. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’d love getting Lamahieu. Last year or two of that deal might suck a bit but he’s a great fit. Doubt NYY would hand him over tho. 

Same. I'd move him to more of a super utility/Zobrist role.  2B/1B/3B, play just about every day

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

TA + Hendriks + Grandal

for

LOLZ. f*** Donaldson. 

That might be the straw that permanently breaks my fandom.  f*** Josh Donaldson.  Launch that Asshat into the sun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't think you have to worry about Volpe ending up here. It's pretty clear the Yankees have been going with stopgap options at shortstop the last few years so they can hand the position over to him.

I’m saying if the Yankees agree to trade a prospect to you they are probably on the road to garbage.

Just now, bmags said:

I’m saying if the Yankees agree to trade a prospect to you they are probably on the road to garbage.

Generally speaking me too, but Volpe is such a highly regarded prospect I would happily take him here

The Yankees are such a player development machine, their system is filled with guys who were late round picks, cheap international signings etc that put up monster numbers in the minors and see their prospect status raised significantly. They typically lose a lot of players either in the rule 5 or due to 40 man crunches. Prospects like that I would be skeptical of, less so with a prospect like Volpe who is so highly regarded and plays a premium position.

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm all aboard this Mets bandwagon, hot damn.

Imagine a team having James McCann in their lineup and going "we're not gonna rely on that rinky dink bat. Better fill the holes with fat stacks of cash."

I can’t imagine it would be a lengthy deal with Lindor already on the team.  But f*** it, build a super team as a gigantic middle finger to other owners and just go nuts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I can’t imagine it would be a lengthy deal with Lindor already on the team.  But f*** it, build a super team as a gigantic middle finger to other owners and just go nuts. 

Their payroll would be like 480 million if they sign Corera - and they’ll probably have only 2 healthy starters by late May.

• Haha 1