Jump to content

2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread


southsider2k5
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

What’s the one signing that’s happened that you wish the white Sox did? Make it within reason and assume we’d have the same terms. 

The White Sox sign James Glick as the President of Baseball Operations, with Kenny officially retiring after chilling in Arizona the past two years and Rick Hahn banned from Comiskey Park and White Sox Business for life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Baseball is pretty bad though - but there are organizations in far worse spots (financially) than White Sox who can still do it. In general - baseball is such a poor follow if you are a fan of a team with smaller budgets - but there are obviously some teams that can make it work.

But man - it would be so much more enjoyable if baseball operated like football - where no team has a true financial advantage, so it really comes down to who has the best front office. Yes - there are other things they can do - spend more on coaches, etc and obviously some teams find creative ways - but in general baseball is such a turnoff where you can have teams with $400M in cash overlay (with luxury tax) and teams with like 35M.  

 

Preaching to the choir.  I fear for baseballs long term survival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The White Sox sign James Glick as the President of Baseball Operations, with Kenny officially retiring after chilling in Arizona the past two years and Rick Hahn banned from Comiskey Park and White Sox Business for life. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not really a rumor persay, but apparently Shi Davidi has mentioned Liam Hendriks in more than one article for the Jays.

Quote

Adding another offensive piece makes sense as does further lengthening the bullpen, with Liam Hendriks making some sense for the Blue Jays if the Chicago White Sox chose to switch over their core.

 

Edited by DirtySox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Not really a rumor persay, but apparently Shi Davidi has mentioned Liam Hendriks in more than one article for the Jays.

 

The Jays are a poor fit for us to trade with if we want MLB pieces back outside of Danny Jansen. They need left handed OFers, we also need left handed OFers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Jays are a poor fit for us to trade with if we want MLB pieces back outside of Danny Jansen. They need left handed OFers, we also need left handed OFers. 

Investing what limited premium resources the Sox have in a middling catcher who might not even be an upgrade on what's on the roster would be such a Rick Hahn move.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Investing what limited premium resources the Sox have in a middling catcher who might not even be an upgrade on what's on the roster would be such a Rick Hahn move.

I think they just know Grandal is trash now.  The framework for this deal makes a ton of sense.

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, fathom said:

I think they just know Grandal is trash now.  The framework for this deal makes a ton of sense.

I would rather have Grandal straight up than Jansen next year. If the Sox were flush with a ton of resources to trade, sure, but Liam is a huge trade piece and using that to fill a need that isn't 2B or OF would be a mistake, in my opinion.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Jays are a poor fit for us to trade with if we want MLB pieces back outside of Danny Jansen. They need left handed OFers, we also need left handed OFers. 

Jays are looking for a closer which we knew already. According to a Blue Jays guy on Youtube, they had a trade lined up for Ryan Helsley or Lars Nootbaar  using Jansen as bait .

Probably just a fan not an insider. Keeps calling Helsley Hesley in the video.

But yeah we don't match up well with them and Blue Jays might not want to spend any more on a closer IF there's any truth to them wanting to trade for a closer instead. From that perspective we are a match but not sure what can be solved unless you're interested in Jansen and Biggio. OF is still the bigger need like it is for a lot of clubs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Jays are looking for a closer which we knew already. According to a Blue Jays guy on Youtube, they had a trade lined up for Ryan Helsley or Lars Nootbaar  using Jansen as bait .

Probably just a fan not an insider. Keeps calling Helsley Hesley in the video.

But yeah we don't match up well with them and Blue Jays might not want to spend any more on a closer IF there's any truth to them wanting to trade for a closer instead. From that perspective we are a match but not sure what can be solved unless you're interested in Jansen and Biggio. OF is still the bigger need like it is for a lot of clubs.

 

Interesting to see the Cards have seemingly been dangling Nootbar in trades. He is someone I'd be willing to trade Liam for and I think the Sox should be very interested in him if he's actually available.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Interesting to see the Cards have seemingly been dangling Nootbar in trades. He is someone I'd be willing to trade Liam for and I think the Sox should be very interested in him if he's actually available.

80 grade name

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...