2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

“In the end, we’re not going to force it,” Hahn said. “We’re going to wait for the right deals to present themselves and then act accordingly.”

Jesus fucking Christ, we aren't you gonna force it? The sense of urgency is reallllllly missing with this people. They do know that this team  has a limited window, rigght? The minor league cavalry is not going to arrive year after year or sustain much. Bueller?

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

On 12/8/2022 at 5:26 AM, Bob Sacamano said:

You once argued they should have been playing Nick Williams. /end discussion

You’re arguing nothing here. Who knows. Maybe the Sox had interest but he chose a team with a clearer path to more playing time. He got a MLB deal with a rebuilding team. Teams that are in their competitive window don’t do that. One thing I do know is posting a AAAA player’s name 20 times a fuckin day certainly isn’t going to help the the team in anyway. Time to move on.

Oh lol you want to go back to that now? . They called Nick Williams up and he's just supposed to sit on the bench 100% of the time  Right ? Take up space do nothing while Vaughn was floundering like a fish out of water.

I never said play him all season. It doesn't hurt to a play guy you have already in the dugout super early in the season when your other options suck so Williams sucked too big deal . Of course as usual you left out the details They did give him a small shot and he failed . You can laugh all you want but they did exactly as I suggested. Imagine that. Vaughn has put up a -.7 WAR in 2 seasons  playing the OF. My suggestion was just to let Vaughn clear his headand try something different and you want to crucify me for that. As usual your baseball mind is a sieve.

Keep throwing out s%*# without context . Yermin probably would've never got a chance to help either under your management.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

“In the end, we’re not going to force it,” Hahn said. “We’re going to wait for the right deals to present themselves and then act accordingly.”

Jesus fucking Christ, we aren't you gonna force it? The sense of urgency is reallllllly missing with this people. They do know that this team  has a limited window, rigght? The minor league cavalry is not going to arrive year after year or sustain much. Bueller?

Lol they really dont give a s%*# about sox fanbase,zero sense of anger exists right now,wtf they think we are idiots?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

This guy is so out of touch with reality. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

This guy is so out of touch with reality. 

He's doing what the owner wants in order to stay employed. And given the amount of money the Sox are making they have no reason to change. Remember with JR fiscal responsibility matters more than winning. Until he goes, nothing will really change.

That's the sad truth.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He's doing what the owner wants in order to stay employed. And given the amount of money the Sox are making they have no reason to change. Remember with JR fiscal responsibility matters more than winning. Until he goes, nothing will really change.

That's the sad truth.

I hope you are wrong but fear you are right.  My hope is we fill our openings with some obviously great players, and we all feel ashamed we ever doubted.  Yeah...I know this isn't what most poster think is probable.

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Sox front office has an incredible amount of contempt for the fanbase, its paying customers. They think we're fools and Jerry's 2nd place schtick is a troll job that he enjoys the hell out of. 

I just think they’re frauds. They make believe that they care and that they’re trying. 

13 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

I just think they’re frauds. They make believe that they care and that they’re trying. 

If you are going to spend $200 million there is no reason not to try to assemble a team with a chance.  I believe TLR just sucked the life out of this team with his don't run hard, play Leury every day, and naps during the game.  I'm thinking Pedro is going to pump some life back into this disappointing team.   He certainly has commented on being aware of the problem.  Hahn has until ST to fix the known weaknesses and keep me from turning on him.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

If you are going to spend $200 million there is no reason not to try to assemble a team with a chance.  I believe TLR just sucked the life out of this team with his don't run hard, play Leury every day, and naps during the game.  I'm thinking Pedro is going to pump some life back into this disappointing team.   He certainly has commented on being aware of the problem.  Hahn has until ST to fix the known weaknesses and keep me from turning on him.

Pedro holding players accountable should help. We all know that type of attitude was lacking from anyone with real power last year. From all accounts Grifol and Montoyo can be real hard asses at times. I don't think he's going to be enough to turn the whole thing around, but the effort should at least seem better.

12 minutes ago, poppysox said:

They've finished .500 or below in 8 of the last 10 seasons. If you're still on the fence after that...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tony said:

They've finished .500 or below in 8 of the last 10 seasons. If you're still on the fence after that...

It's very hard to separate Hahn from the three headed monster that is the FO.  I cut Hahn some slack because it isn't easy to say no to your bosses who sign your check.