2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

19 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I really feel sorry for Pirates fans, their owner is clearly the worst in sports with Reinsdorf being a distant second. Imagine creating a hype video for Vince fucking Velasquez, they had me spit out my coffee.

I actually think it’s neat they are taking the time to showcase any addition, but it is sad that it’s Vince Velasquez of all people. More teams should take an approach to do stuff like this as opposed to the basic graphic/static image we always see. It is creative in its own right, especially the way the jersey is edited to change to the Pirates alternate.

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I actually think it’s neat they are taking the time to showcase any addition, but it is sad that it’s Vince Velasquez of all people. More teams should take an approach to do stuff like this as opposed to the basic graphic/static image we always see. It is creative in its own right, especially the way the jersey is edited to change to the Pirates alternate.

Would you still like it if the Sox made a hype video for Victor Reyes? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Would you still like it if the Sox made a hype video for Victor Reyes? 

It wouldn’t bother me, but he also got a MiLB deal, so I wouldn’t have my marketing/design team creating content for guys that may not even make the team. Velasquez got a major league deal. I don’t have a problem with teams trying to be creative and giving players a little hype. It certain beats the “best shape of their life retrends. Some of these guys only get 1-2 shots, they might appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It wouldn’t bother me, but he also got a MiLB deal, so I wouldn’t have my marketing/design team creating content for guys that may not even make the team. Velasquez got a major league deal. I don’t have a problem with teams trying to be creative and giving players a little hype. It certain beats the “best shape of their life retrends. Some of these guys only get 1-2 shots, they might appreciate it.

Its just a slap in the face to fans from an organization that doesnt want to compete. Honestly if the Dodgers signed VV and made a hype video thats one thing, but for an organization trying their best to fail like the Pirates and White Sox its insulting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Their Mom's & Dad's certainly do.

14 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Its just a slap in the face to fans from an organization that doesnt want to compete. Honestly if the Dodgers signed VV and made a hype video thats one thing, but for an organization trying their best to fail like the Pirates and White Sox its insulting. 

So it’s ok for the Dodgers to make a hype video about a mediocre player but the Pirates can’t because of their ownership situation? That’s ridiculous. You’re missing the point about what I was saying. You realize the people that run those accounts are not the GM or FO? They have jobs to do with content creation. I think that all teams should take a more creative approach to announce or highlight their new additions. I applaud a fresh take that I personally haven’t seen done before over a generic, boring press release. At least they are trying with the limited options they’re provided. And guess what? It worked. Because look at all the people talking about it.

39 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

So it’s ok for the Dodgers to make a hype video about a mediocre player but the Pirates can’t because of their ownership situation? That’s ridiculous. You’re missing the point about what I was saying. You realize the people that run those accounts are not the GM or FO? They have jobs to do with content creation. I think that all teams should take a more creative approach to announce or highlight their new additions. I applaud a fresh take that I personally haven’t seen done before over a generic, boring press release. At least they are trying with the limited options they’re provided. And guess what? It worked. Because look at all the people talking about it.

The Dodgers are doing whatever they can to win, while the Pirates are trading away franchise players before they even make it to arbitration just so they can save a few dollars. They aren't even in the same league. Pirates fans are dealing with their franchise player demanding a trade, Dodgers fans were talking about moving a top 3 player in the game to second base so they could sign a top 3 player to play right field for 300+ million. 

It doesn't matter if there is a "content team", its still laughable and infuriates the fanbase that loses franchise players every other year and has a payroll of $50 million. Again, a real slap in the face PR wise. I am glad you find the Vince Velasquez hype 'refreshing', but go tell that to a long suffering Pirates fan in that Twitter post and see what kind of new expletives they will invent for you.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1