2023 MiLB catch all

southsider2k5

Great for Wolkow to get his feet wet in Low A, but as a 17 year old I'd expect him to struggle there for awhile. He will prolly be there all next season. 

Nastrini and Ramos should be promoted to AAA. 

Montgomery looks like he's on track to be with the big club early to middle next season and Quero might be by the end of next year. 

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Great for Wolkow to get his feet wet in Low A, but as a 17 year old I'd expect him to struggle there for awhile. He will prolly be there all next season. 

Nastrini and Ramos should be promoted to AAA. 

Montgomery looks like he's on track to be with the big club early to middle next season and Quero might be by the end of next year. 

I think there’s a good chance that Montgromery is up by June/after whenever the team gets an extra year or control.

6 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I'm a dummy. What does this mean?

Every team has a computer model for prospects.  They put in all the scouting reports, stats, metrics etc.  The players age and level are heavily weighted so what some teams will do is promote young players to levels they may not be read for just to make him look better in models.  A 17 yr old in low A should light the models on fire.  I have no idea what a 17 yr old in AA does to the models.  Salas is 7.4 yrs younger than the avg player.  The model may just shut itself down. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Every team has a computer model for prospects.  They put in all the scouting reports, stats, metrics etc.  The players age and level are heavily weighted so what some teams will do is promote young players to levels they may not be read for just to make him look better in models.  A 17 yr old in low A should light the models on fire.  I have no idea what a 17 yr old in AA does to the models.  Salas is 7.4 yrs younger than the avg player.  The model may just shut itself down. 

Interesting. What do they gain by screwing with prospect evaluation models? Just trying to understand the point. Though understanding the point is often difficult with this organization.

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Interesting. What do they gain by screwing with prospect evaluation models? Just trying to understand the point. Though understanding the point is often difficult with this organization.

Utimately I think the goal is to make the player look better on internal reports or for potential trades.  Sometimes they just like fucking with each other.  These geeks can be c***y that way.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Thrilled for Mena, though I do sometimes wish our top arms could be spared the pitcher's nightmare that is Truist Field.

Nothing like pitching in the launching pad to teach a pitcher the importance of throwing strikes.

• Like 1

So the Barons 6 man rotation is cut down to 4...does someone from WS get promoted?

Carela is R5 this year, so maybe they want to push him a bit? Last start was pretty unfortunate, but he's got over 100 innings at A+ this season (3.62ERA, 10.7 K/9). Adams has only made 3 starts in Winston, but they've been stellar and he's older...

Or I guess they can just slot Schoenle or someone back in, but that would be less fun.