4/7 Sox @ Pirates 3:12PM CT

3 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

If you're RickyGM and this team is 15 games behind at the deadline, do you fix this mess? Or, do you ride it out and wait to get fired?

You have to think about trading TA7 Giolito (if any value) anyone from the pen, Reynaldo Lopez, Grandal in walk year, etc.

Graveman/Bummer/Kelly.

Parting with Robert or Cease is the end, though.

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

You have to think about trading TA7 Giolito (if any value) anyone from the pen, Reynaldo Lopez, Grandal in walk year, etc.

Graveman/Bummer/Kelly.

For what though? In a failed desperate  attempt to save the season, they probably acquire mediocre short term solutions that ultimately fail instead of true young talent. That’s the Sox way.

I feel this needs to be broken up. The la russa hiring was the end. Hahn needs to go most incompetent GM since Hawk. This has an 86-89 feel. It's too bad I was so looking forward to this season. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

For what though? In a failed desperate  attempt to save the season, they probably acquire mediocre short term solutions that ultimately fail instead of true young talent. That’s the Sox way.

They have to get younger and more athletic across the field (Robert Colas Montgomery Vaughn the current foundation)...Andrew Benintendi for four more years is the last thing they really need to compete with CLE.

More than anything though...pitching pitching pitching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I think if things get really bad JR will have to sacrifice Hahn to take the spotlight off his own responsibility.

The whole point of Hahn is to take the blame, JR doesn't care.  The team is profitable.. all is well.

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

I feel this needs to be broken up. The la russa hiring was the end. Hahn needs to go most incompetent GM since Hawk. This has an 86-89 feel. It's too bad I was so looking forward to this season. 

This team has a lot more talent than those squads....where Ivan Calderon and Ozzie were two of the best players before Ventura and the Big Hurt arrived on the scene.

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Graveman/Bummer/Kelly.

We may be at that point unfortunately 

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Graveman/Bummer/Kelly.

Who from this team even has value other than TA, Robert and Cease? 

Edited by baseballgalaly

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

This team has a lot more talent than those squads....where Ivan Calderon and Ozzie were two of the best players before Ventura and the Big Hurt arrived on the scene.

People desperately need to stop overrating the talent on this team

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

He knows his bullpen is straight s%*# as well and half of them can’t even pitch back to back days. 

You mean the bullpen that Rick Hahn put so much money into? You must be mistaken.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

People desperately need to stop overrating the talent on this team

Forgot to add trading Clevinger lol.

Virtually everyone in SD wanted him gone.

But if Lynn/Giolito/Kopech don't rebound...it really doesn't matter what they do in the end.

• Like 1

These things are cyclical.  Anybody hyperventilating about the pitching needs to just wait a week or two.  They will settle down and get in a groove, just in time for the offense to go completely cold.  I've watched a Hahn team before.

Edited by Green Line