Jose Ruiz DFA'd, Jesse Scholtens called up

Heads22

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Hahn is so bad at his job it's ridiculous.  

You don’t like the strategy of pushing the pitch counts high to start the season, thus not thinking you’d need long relief?  That will work out so well for a team with no starting pitching depth.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Just another sign for how poor this org is - top to bottom from a front office and talent development perspective. No ability to bring up even some quality young relievers. It’s just crazy.

Lack of depth is just crazy to me. Meanwhile the Braves brought up a rookie drafted in 2021 who threw 1 run ball against the Cardinals in his first MLB outing. We have pretty much do depth or development, it is crazy

19 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Lack of depth is just crazy to me. Meanwhile the Braves brought up a rookie drafted in 2021 who threw 1 run ball against the Cardinals in his first MLB outing. We have pretty much do depth or development, it is crazy

Depth and development costs $$$, JR doesn't believe in paying for "potential" as he had publicly stated when he was still talking to the media.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

You don’t like the strategy of pushing the pitch counts high to start the season, thus not thinking you’d need long relief?  That will work out so well for a team with no starting pitching depth.

It will only get worse when they have to free up a roster spot for crochet who will be limited in his own right because of TJS and then who knows what you will get with Hendriks if/when he returns….the bullpen is going to be in rough shape.

One of the more frustrating pitchers to ever be on the Sox.  You watch him throw and he has nice movement, plenty of velocity, the change was coming along....I mean, he literally looked like a backend of the pen kinda pitcher at times.  But he's just so damn inconsistent and is clearly a headcase given how he would fall apart when pitching in any sort of high leverage situation.  To an extent, I get why the Sox gave him such a long rope.  A guy like that figures it out and you've got a cheap, badass reliever.

39 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

I've never been a fan of Ruiz but he ( like all wbc players) did not have a spring training.

They were actually playing in games just like in spring training, I don't see the difference myself.  

• Like 2