4/11- Sox at Twins, 6:40

flavum

5 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Colas and Romy are AAA players at this time and are overmatched against good MLB pitching.

Romy yes, Colas no. Colas is at the point in his career where a good number of teams would have him as a 4th outfielder to let him see more of the highest level of pitching. He’s closer to being a AAA starter than a league-average MLB starter, but he’s not a mistake to have on a 26-man roster.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

If they are serious about winning, Hanser is DFA’d by morning.  I’m not convinced they are serious though. 

It was a bad throw but even if he got him, the Sox would have been in a lot of trouble with a runner on 3rd, one out, and not exactly a strikeout pitcher on the mound.

Are people really calling Colas a AAA player and or laying this loss at his feet?  Kid is a talented rookie facing mlb pitching full time for the first time.  There will be struggles at the plate along with some growing pains.  How well he makes adjustments is yet to be seen, but he holding his own just fine for being two whole weeks into his big league career.  Take a damn breath. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Another thing that has been bugging me about last nights game is that Taylor was pretty clearly inside the baseline on that final play.  While you don't see that called a ton, the Twins were literally a benefit of that call last weekend against the Astros in a similar play (albeit the catcher threw to 1b). It glanced off Kyle Tucker's shoulder who was called out, and then got tossed from the game while arguing.

I am assuming that isn't reviewable because on replay Taylor was very clearly inside the baseline.  I was at the game and it certainly looked like possible interference in real time, and once I was able to watch the replay it didn't really change my mind.  That said, still an awful throw that probably wasn't terribly catchable without getting rammed into by Taylor, but Romy wasn't afforded that chance since it hit Taylor's helmet in fair ground.  By letter of the rule, that is technically interference. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Another thing that has been bugging me about last nights game is that Taylor was pretty clearly inside the baseline on that final play.  While you don't see that called a ton, the Twins were literally a benefit of that call last weekend against the Astros in a similar play (albeit the catcher threw to 1b). It glanced off Kyle Tucker's shoulder who was called out, and then got tossed from the game while arguing.

I am assuming that isn't reviewable because on replay Taylor was very clearly inside the baseline.  I was at the game and it certainly looked like possible interference in real time, and once I was able to watch the replay it didn't really change my mind.  That said, still an awful throw that probably wasn't terribly catchable without getting rammed into by Taylor, but Romy wasn't afforded that chance since it hit Taylor's helmet in fair ground.  By letter of the rule, that is technically interference. 

Thought the same exact thing, good catch 

• Quin locked this topic
  • Capn12 unpinned this topic