4/23/23 Sox @ Rays 12:40 Pedro's Boys Don't Get Swept Gamerthread

wegner

So the Sox as we all knew they would just rolled over and died after blowing the first game of the series cause of their horsebleep bullpen. Wow.

Pedro is officially just another manager, isn't gonna be getting this flawed roster to 'overachieve.' All I can say is I hope fans who attend home games get great deals on the secondary market this season. Paying real prices for this team, wow, you must have a lot of disposable income.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Another false bill of goods sold to fans. 

Somewhere between 6-8 hits prevented by Rays' fielding. 

Congrats to TB on 13-0 at home and almost selling out that 25000 seat stadium.  Sweep Sox ignominiously out of town. 

Crickets in Sox marketing and sales departments. 

I told everybody KC fans were happy to see Beni go. Negative reax so I shut up. He is what he is. Would be an acceptable piece on great team. Zero power, gets on base which has some value, good defender. Will hit about 25 home runs total thru his five-year deal with the Sox if he's fortunate.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

So the Sox as we all knew they would just rolled over and died after blowing the first game of the series cause of their horsebleep bullpen. Wow.

Pedro is officially just another manager, isn't gonna be getting this flawed roster to 'overachieve.' All I can say is I hope fans who attend home games get great deals on the secondary market this season. Paying real prices for this team, wow, you must have a lot of disposable income.

It’s the same team as the quitters that rolled over and died after Cleveland beat them last September.  Quitters lead by morons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Pathetic, just pathetic! I can't believe that no one in this organization is held held responsible for this embarrassment!

Oh, don't you worry.  A hitting/pitching coach will be canned sooner or later.  There will be accountability.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Saw some folks today really slamming Sosa. Hang in there. He's hit at every  level. He's 23.

when Robin Ventura was 23, he had a slugging average of .318. The next year he broke out and became a star.

Also try to remember the Sox's alternatives. Elvis is bad and he'll; get worse. Romy is 4 years older than Sosa.

This kid has had 66 at bats in the majors, and has been in two of the worst clubhouses in I can remember. If

we trade him and then he starts to hit, we'll just be doing what we always do. I don't want a repeat of the

Marcus Semien fiasco.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Well...at least we can't say the Sox haven't been swept.

Just enjoy the dysfunction and laugh at the buffoons is about all you can do because big changes won't be happening until the trade deadline when Hahn starts selling off his precious rebuild. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

I thought we played the Rays pretty close this series. I think things will get better and all we have to do is win the division 

Of course...they can win the worst division in baseball and then get hammered in a playoff series. 🤡

I mean that's what the rebuild was all about right? LOL.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Green Line said:

Oh, don't you worry.  A hitting/pitching coach will be canned sooner or later.  There will be accountability.

Katz undoubtedly wants out after Gio is traded and will make more money after he leaves the Sox anyway…in NCAA for example, like the Twins’ coach leaving for LSU, or starting his own private academy in SoCal.

Game story headline is Eloy picks up his 7th RBI.   Lol. 

Two games clear of the Royals for the moment. 

Edited by caulfield12

Did anyone really expect anything different? I watched literally an inning of this series, the inning they blew the 1st game lead. I'll continue to be disinterested and find other things to do until they either turn it around or get new ownership. Ridiculous to subject myself to the bs. I'll get my game info from Chuck's podcast and Sox Machine, and they can confirm all of my suspicions about this team. I mean...it's comically predictable now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I thought we played the Rays pretty close this series. I think things will get better and all we have to do is win the division 

I appreciate your optimism.  Not sure I'll get there myself, but I'll keep watching when I can.