GT 4/27: Best Team in Baseball vs. 4th in the AL Central - 6:10 CT

Quin

9 hours ago, fathom said:

The Sox look like a college team facing professional players

While I agree with the underlying concept that they are overmatched I disagree they are like a college team. The college teams I've watch give a f*** and hustle and give the appearance of trying. Hell, my high school team shows more desire to win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Texsox said:

While I agree with the underlying concept that they are overmatched I disagree they are like a college team. The college teams I've watch give a f*** and hustle and give the appearance of trying. Hell, my high school team shows more desire to win. 

Burger, Benintendi and Giolito have looked alright to good the last week or so but I agree with your assessment 

7 hours ago, wegner said:

Are the Sox trying to move to Vegas too? 🤔

Might as well.  A’s aren’t even trying to win, but the Sox are giving them a run for their money.  Winner of the race to the bottom gets to bounce to brand new digs while 2nd place has to rot in place?  Sounds like a fine way to many two shitty teams at least somewhat  interesting. 

9 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

In a very sick way I'm kind of rooting for them to lose out the rest of the month and have it dip into the Twins series. I want to see how long they'll just let losses pile up before making some sort of change, like what is their breaking point?

I think they’ll manage to screw that up too. As someone else said in another thread, they can’t even lose in a notable way. I feel like they’re gonna start playing .500-ish ball very soon now that they’ve dug a hole they can’t get out of.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

He was telling us about the software c.o and some App they were developing on the tour.  He also brought up the fact that his Dad and everyone spent too much time looking at wind charts to determine ball flight etc when planning the new stadium and their biggest mistake was not taking advantage of the downtown Chicago skyline when they positioned the stadium facing the projects instead of downtown.

I'm not so sure he wouldn't want to run the Sox, but it's just strange that you never hear his name brought up.

He sounds like a really sharp dude who would think modern day baseball and be more creative and be someone who could finally bring modern day baseball concepts to the White Sox. 

It's just sad and pathetic that his father is a clueless, arrogant and senile stubborn old man that doesn't even see the benefit of his son running the Sox like he did in seeing his other son run the Bulls. 

• Like 1