5/25 Sox @ Tigers 5:40PM

Top 5 in the batting order 1 for 13. Still in it but the BP now has to be nails. These low hit totals once the Sox got on the road is bad. Luckily against Cleveland 3 walks scored in 1 inning. ANy power the Sox are getting isn't coming with anyone on base lately

0 walks from Faedo and 10K.

Just now, Timmy U said:

Threw it right into the bail. Lefty lefty, he has to get better at pitching away.

I’m just not a fan at all if he never settles into the 98-99 range against, which seems unlikely.  Poor command in and out of the zone.

Grifol has managed to combine the worst elements of TLR and Renteria's bullpen management. What a fucking joke. Now we are burning through relievers in a game that is almost certainly over after trying to stupidly squeeze 5 innings out of our starter who obviously didn't have it.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

These are some awful at bats.  Just too much mediocrity up and down the lineup.

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Pathetic offense. 10k's v some jabroni pitcher. Have no clue of what a slider looks like. Just keep swinging away.

Garbage

If we would have taken every slider , we would have been better off, as we could not hit them anyway.  But our guys don’t seem to recognize the slider.

Just now, fathom said:

I’m just not a fan at all if he never settles into the 98-99 range against, which seems unlikely.  Poor command in and out of the zone.

Ever since he lost the 101 mph stuff in my opinion he has looked very hittable. I get he is just returning back from surgery but even before that I thought he was just another guy after he lost the heater 

• Like 1

Just now, Vote4Pedro said:

Ever since he lost the 101 mph stuff in my opinion he has looked very hittable. I get he is just returning back from surgery but even before that I thought he was just another guy after he lost the heater 

Yep and now he seems to have a dime a dozen velocity for a reliever.  Just another really bad draft pick.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Coming back from TJS, people always struggle with command/control. Sox have rushed him back to the majors. Letting him work out these kinks in multi-inning stints in AAA would have been better.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Top 5 in the batting order 1 for 13. Still in it but the BP now has to be nails. These low hit totals once the Sox got on the road is bad. Luckily against Cleveland 3 walks scored in 1 inning. ANy power the Sox are getting isn't coming with anyone on base lately

0 walks from Faedo and 10K.

It’s hard to walk when we don’t take many pitches.  We are in swing mode regardless of who is pitching.

Yep and now he seems to have a dime a dozen velocity for a reliever.  Just another really bad draft pick.

I remember when he first came up and made schwarber look like a little leaguer with his stuff. Just sad to see where it’s gone since then

• Like 1

We'll have to wait and see how Joyce stands up.

At any rate, another in the long line of Ring, Poreda and Crochet...Burdi, too.

• Like 1

Just now, Vote4Pedro said:

I remember when he first came up and made schwarber look like a little leaguer with his stuff. Just sad to see where it’s gone since then

No team has their pitchers lose velocity for no reason more than the Sox

not that it really matters since this game is over but that second pitch to Short was the exact same fucking pitch and same velo as the strike right before it, they're lucky it was just a ground out.

why would you call for two fastballs,  middle in, back to back, to a guy who just blasted one out the day before

• Capn12 unpinned this topic