5/30/2023 - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim @ Sox, 7:10 CT start

JoeC

Meanwhile Dane Dunning pitching with a league leading 1.75 ERA against DET. 

Talk about comparisons. 

Might be a few innings short of qualified. 

Make that 1.74. 

Also, Jake Marisnick hitting for DET lol. 

JR luxuriating in that newfound cash. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Meanwhile Dane Dunning pitching with a league leading 1.75 ERA against DET. 

Talk about comparisons. 

Might be a few innings short of qualified. 

Make that 1.74. 

Also, Jake Marisnick hitting for DET lol. 

JR luxuriating in that newfound cash. 

I thought Marisnick accepted his assignment to Charlotte? Miss a little, miss not much I guess.

Of course Marisnick got a hit in his second at-bat of the season, too. 

Trout's fourth longest career homer and second longest at Comiskey during the Statcast Era. 

29th day game already this year. 

10-18 so far for Sox. 

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I thought Marisnick accepted his assignment to Charlotte? Miss a little, miss not much I guess.

He did, but the White Sox traded him for "Cash Considerations" to Detroit, so he's there now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

He did...was on Charlotte roster first two months before being sold off for cash considerations to AL Central rival Detroit of all teams. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

He did, but the White Sox traded him for "Cash Considerations" to Detroit, so he's there now.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

He did...was on Charlotte roster first two months before being sold off for cash considerations to AL Central rival Detroit of all teams. 

Couldn't have been for much cash

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Who is going to tell Trout that since a new gamethread was not started that home run does not count??

Who started the game thread yesterday? 

Entire season jinxed lol. 

On the plus side Lynn 1.89 ERA in his last three starts, has recorded 4 out of 5 victories in May and shockingly half those runs unearned. 

Still a decent trade candidate...if you're going to start cutting somewhere. 

Unfortunately nobody to pitch at all behind him in minors. 

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, wegner said:

Couldn't have been for much cash

Naw, this is the kind of stuff that happens all the time. It's usually something like $25k - if there's an opportunity for big league time with another team, for a veteran guy stuck in the minors, usually the team holding him will want to trade him and let him have the shot. This kind of move maintains goodwill with future veteran free agents. If you try to hold onto a guy and deny him a chance at a couple weeks in the big leagues elsewhere, then future veterans will be more skeptical about signing with you.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Naw, this is the kind of stuff that happens all the time. It's usually something like $25k - if there's an opportunity for big league time with another team, for a veteran guy stuck in the minors, usually the team holding him will want to trade him and let him have the shot. This kind of move maintains goodwill with future veteran free agents. If you try to hold onto a guy and deny him a chance at a couple weeks in the big leagues elsewhere, then future veterans will be more skeptical about signing with you.

Sox have accumulated LOTS of goodwill with the Rodon skipped QO and especially all that international signing money foregone to other teams under Hahn. 

Also, Cubs up 2-0 over Rays, woke up when the Sox came close to catching them lol. 

Edited by caulfield12

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who started the game thread yesterday? 

Entire season jinxed lol. 

On the plus side Lynn 1.89 ERA in his last three starts, has recorded 4 out of 5 victories in May and shockingly half those runs unearned. 

Still a decent trade candidate...if you're going to start cutting somewhere. 

Unfortunately nobody to pitch at all behind him in minors. 

JoeC Probably just missed that it was a day game. I know that I wasn't aware until the notice popped up on my phone....followed quickly with a notice about that Trout homer that I now have under review.

• TLR 1