Sox vs Marlins 1:10

Vote4Pedro

10 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

I hope that someone will ask, why not guard the line late in the game, with a lead, to protect against doubles, just like the one that killed them.

Because Pedro is asleep and not a good manager.  Too laid back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

I hope that someone will ask, why not guard the line late in the game, with a lead, to protect against doubles, just like the one that killed them.

I'm sure he'll get defensive just like when they asked him why he wasn't playing Burger a week ago or so.

21 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

That's called Grifol making another huge rookie managerial mistake.

Post game presser...let's see if anyone asks Grifol about not playing the line there

...Update Grifol just said Moncada almost made a great play there and noone asked him about where he was positioned that I saw.

"I know people don't want to hear this but we just have to flush this one"..... I hope not Pedro....how about learning from your positioning mistakes nimrod.

Edited by wegner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Because Pedro is asleep and not a good manager.  Too laid back.

I'm not so sure we can blame Pedro for that positioning.  It's either poor comms between the infielders, poor scouting/metrics of hitter, pitch selection didn't line up with the defensive set, Yo was daydreaming, or the bench coach was caught sleeping. 

A manager is not out there moving position players around every AB, much less from pitch to pitch. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Kids Can Play said:

Another hiring mistake to add to his Rick Hahn's long list of failures.

Rick probably thought he was going to get an adequate manager on the cheap, rather than get a more expensive experienced manager like Joe Girardi.

Just now, flavum said:

Giolito pitched well. Sox lost. Uh, good?

Bad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I'm not so sure we can blame Pedro for that positioning.  It's either poor comms between the infielders, poor scouting/metrics of hitter, pitch selection didn't line up with the defensive set, Yo was daydreaming, or the bench coach was caught sleeping. 

A manager is not out there moving position players around every AB, much less from pitch to pitch. 

But this was a critical situation in the 9th. AndPedro should have been alert, because the buck stops with him. iMO.

• Like 4

Just now, hankchifan said:

Rick probably thought he was going to get an adequate manager on the cheap, rather than get a more expensive experienced manager like Joe Girardi.

Bad.

I’ve given up on them ever reaching .500. I want it undeniable that the Sox should be sellers at the AS Break, and then get buried on the road trip after the break.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

But this was a critical situation in the 9th. AndPedro should have been alert, because the buck stops with him. iMO.

The buck does stop with him and I can guarantee he'll take the blame if any of our 'fearless' beat writers ask him about it.  That said, I know baseball well enough to know that it's not his responsibility to position the 3b.

Fell asleep early in the game and just woke up now and watched the highlights. My eyes hurt with those fucking 1983 uniforms.

Bullpen looks deflated after losing Liam the past two days.

Elvis is worse than Seby batting.

I don’t see why the Sox not sit Moncada vs. LH starters, Burger playing really helps. That is if an IL stint can’t cure Yoan’s back issues.

Im sitting out the Dodgers series between scumbag Stan Kasten and his repulsive bigotry, with a Clevinger start mixed in.

I am happy for Kim Ng. Miami has really improved after the Yankees braintrust of Mattingly and Jeter were flushed down the toilet. Should give hope to Sox fans the same can happen here once Jerry’s in a box and the FO is fumigated.

Miami: $92M (23rd) 37-29

201114_4266519_Kim_Ng_becomes_1st_woman_

White Sox: $181M (13th) 29-38

2jsp6s.jpg

• Fire 2
  • TLR 1

5 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

That is not true. All coaches and managers on winning teams in the late innings of a close game, are always up yelling at players and pointing them to move around.

We absolutely can and should blame Grifol and his coaches for not paying attention. That is why a manager has several coaches in the dugout to advise him.

• Thanks 2
  • TLR 1

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

Graveman was no doubt getting hit hard with the 1st 2 hitters....maybe have someone up earlier??

Grifol seems to wait much too long before making a change to stop the bleeding. He seems to be too worried about their ego and hurting their confidence and feelings.

f*** that concept. A manager is not there to coddle relievers. If a reliever is imploding, then the manager needs to take him out quicker and simply tell the pulled pitcher, "hey nice try, it wasn't your day, you'll get them next time." 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, flavum said:

Giolito pitched well. Sox lost. Uh, good?

Well if you're looking at it that way, Graveman and Middleton sucked, so it wasn't a great overall market-value day.
But Hahn won't get anyone of consequence for Giolito anyway. 

8 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Grifol seems to wait much too long before making a change to stop the bleeding. He seems to be too worried about their ego and hurting their confidence and feelings.

f*** that concept. A manager is not there to coddle relievers. If a reliever is imploding, then the manager needs to take him out quicker and simply tell the pulled pitcher, "hey nice try, it wasn't your day, you'll get them next time." 

Agree. Pedro also left Joe Kelly in too long yesterday.  Was reading thatHeat coach Erik Spoelstra considered one of the best basketball head coaches, is known for having no qualms in taking players not performing out of rotation and out of games, and calling them out, and he is respected for this and a key to his success.

31 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

😂

Don't let them suck(er) you back in. 

Exactly correct.

Nine...make it nine times this team took a lead into the 7th inning or later and lost the game.

Nine.

Fourth time out of those nine they lost the lead in the 9th inning.

Graveman has been directly responsible for two of them (Which considering guys like Kelly and Lopez isn't that bad.)

The good news?

They can't blow another late lead tomorrow because they are off.