Trade for Justin foscue

Dominikk85

I think that is a trade that really could make sense and help the sox the next 4-5 years.

Foscue is a second and third Baseman in the rangers org. He is a below average defender but offensively he has everything the sox are lacking at 2b, he walks a lot, doesn't strike out much and has power. Also he is pretty blocked in Texas who have semien, Jung and seager locked in for the next couple years. 

Foscue is a 2020 first round pick and at 24 he is mlb ready, his line in AAA so far is 277/405/488 with 8 homers, a 14% walk rate and an 11% K rate.

As I said the defense is below average but he could give the sox a high OBP slugger for the next 5-6 years.

I would give the rangers giolito plus a reliever for him unless the sox are really back in the race at the Deadline (which still could happen).

Edited by Dominikk85
  • Like 1

I like Foscue. Chances are he's eventually 1b/DH (He's also blocked at 1st with Lowe.). If the Sox decide to deal pitching, they could start a bidding war. Check out who Arizona rolled out there today. The Dodgers, Yankees, D-backs, Rangers, Phillies, Reds, Angels all need arms.

If a team wants to win a championship, they need to put together a roster consisting of a lot of star players and pitchers. You can't get away with too many players that are league average. Right now the Sox are close but need at least one more quality starter, a legit Closer, a set-up mn, and another big bat or two. The Sox don't have enough assets to trade for star players so they will continue  to lose close games. It's frustrating.

• Hawk 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

If a team wants to win a championship, they need to put together a roster consisting of a lot of star players and pitchers. You can't get away with too many players that are league average. Right now the Sox are close but need at least one more quality starter, a legit Closer, a set-up mn, and another big bat or two. The Sox don't have enough assets to trade for star players so they will continue  to lose close games. It's frustrating.

Close to what exactly? They’re the third worst team in the AL. You basically say they’re missing the entire core of a roster. They’re closer to being the As than the Rays.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

Have you looked at Hendriks' contract? 

The only closer they can afford to add is Santos or someone rapidly ascending through the low minors. 

4 hours ago, tray said:

Disagree completely. The Sox problem is they don’t have enough major league average players not that they have too many. Most of the sox players are below average while the organizational depth is atrocious.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Disagree completely. The Sox problem is they don’t have enough major league average players not that they have too many. Most of the sox players are below average while the organizational depth is atrocious.

Yes. Obviously some of the good guys have underperformed but the biggest issue has been that they don't have depth and have to bring up negative war players if someone gets hurt.

I don't know if this is the right guy or not (other than that this org. doesn't have a lot of room for players who can't defend), but the Sox certainly should have the leverage in trade negotiations.   I pray that they use it for a change; there are a lot of good young players, and if one team won't meet the price, look to another.

9 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

27E68BBE-6746-46FD-8A77-C647E141B836.gif

• Love 2

Foscue is a realistic target as he's blocked seven ways to sunday in the Rangers org but he's just not very good.  He's most likely a left fielder and unlikely to hit enough to be a regular out there.  The guy I would like to see them target though it's probably unrealistic is Trey Sweeney.  He's a lock to stay at SS and should hit for plus power during his prime years.  Too bad Reinsdorf didn' fire dopey Hahn when he had the chance.  Who knows what type of player he's going to target in these trades but the one thing we know from a long history of dreadful decision making is it will be the wrong players.

• Fire 1

37 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Foscue is a realistic target as he's blocked seven ways to sunday in the Rangers org but he's just not very good.  He's most likely a left fielder and unlikely to hit enough to be a regular out there.  The guy I would like to see them target though it's probably unrealistic is Trey Sweeney.  He's a lock to stay at SS and should hit for plus power during his prime years.  Too bad Reinsdorf didn' fire dopey Hahn when he had the chance.  Who knows what type of player he's going to target in these trades but the one thing we know from a long history of dreadful decision making is it will be the wrong players.

Unlike last time, the White Sox don’t have guys to offer who are premium players with multiple years of control, unless they can get someone to trade for Robert. Giolito is a fine player but he’s only under control for two months.

In this case, the smart move is to go for quantity over quality. If you can get several talented A ball players for a guy like Giolito, that’s better value than one guy who is a year from his debut. Get one guy like that back for Anderson, 2 or 3 for Giolito, one back for Eloy, maybe 2 back for Burger, two back for Graveman, maybe one back for Kelly, and at least you’ve built some minor league depth. In a normal organization, a couple of those guys will turn into quality big leaguers with 5 or so years of development and coaching.

Aside from that, move every dollar off the roster possible. If you have to eat some money to undo mistakes like Benintendi, do it. Push the reset button on co tracts as hard as you can, then start using your resources in the offseason to find guys that could be tradeable next year at the deadline. Keep doing the same thing and in 2 or 3 years you’ve got a rebuilt minor league system.

I read a rumor about Andrew McCutchen, that the Rangers are potentially interested in a trade for him if the deal includes a pitcher.

Need pitching, why not Giolito and Graveman?

https://theathletic.com/4629909/2023/06/26/rangers-prospects-trade-value/

This propaganda piece hyping up the Rangers farm was released today too (the guy works for the organization). Good thread, OP.

Edited by nrockway
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2023 at 5:17 PM, Dominikk85 said:

I think that is a trade that really could make sense and help the sox the next 4-5 years.

Foscue is a second and third Baseman in the rangers org. He is a below average defender but offensively he has everything the sox are lacking at 2b, he walks a lot, doesn't strike out much and has power. Also he is pretty blocked in Texas who have semien, Jung and seager locked in for the next couple years. 

Foscue is a 2020 first round pick and at 24 he is mlb ready, his line in AAA so far is 277/405/488 with 8 homers, a 14% walk rate and an 11% K rate.

As I said the defense is below average but he could give the sox a high OBP slugger for the next 5-6 years.

I would give the rangers giolito plus a reliever for him unless the sox are really back in the race at the Deadline (which still could happen).

great, lets add lousy defense to an already horrible defensive ballclub to hopefully add a bat