Hendriks out, Clevinger likely out, until after the All Star Break

South Side Hit Men

3 hours ago, flavum said:

It’s just amazing how much money that guy has made that loses money for the team, and therefore the fans. It makes no sense why he’s still GM.

It really is. You'd think that JR would basically say, "wait a minute, I've spent hundreds of millions of dollars on your trades and free agent signings and THIS is what I've got to show for it???????????"

But don't be fooled, they aren't losing money.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 10:07 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

It really is. You'd think that JR would basically say, "wait a minute, I've spent hundreds of millions of dollars on your trades and free agent signings and THIS is what I've got to show for it???????????"

But don't be fooled, they aren't losing money.  

Of course the Sox are not losing money. However they are not making as much revenue and profit as they could, if a smarter owner and GM were running the Sox.

Though you are right, you would think at some point Jerry would be questioning Hahn harshly, since Jerry always claims he is such the smart owner.

• Hawk 1

7 hours ago, superchops70 said:

Man, is a Hendricks ever coming back? What was his injury again?

The Sox seem to be very tight lipped on his injury other than what they originally reported as elbow inflammation. 

Personally I don't care if he comes back this year since the Sox are not making the playoffs. Thus, it would be a more prudent decision to let Liam rest and heal the rest of the year and let him come back 100 percent in 2024. 

6 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The Sox seem to be very tight lipped on his injury other than what they originally reported as elbow inflammation. 

Personally I don't care if he comes back this year since the Sox are not making the playoffs. Thus, it would be a more prudent decision to let Liam rest and heal the rest of the year and let him come back 100 percent in 2024. 

Hendriks also has a long term elbow injury. The inflammation he’s has the last two years is probably related to this.

Now some might have questioned whether it was a good idea to bring a guy with a long term elbow injury back from cancer treatment with about a month of rehab and only 5 innings of minor league work and that the player was almost guaranteed to get hurt again after someone decided things like that, but the White Sox know that is the true path to success. You don’t hold a GM job for 11 years unless  you’re making good decisions like this.

Liam’s high in latest bullpen session was 93.8, down 1.7 MPH from his low average 95.4 MPH average over five appearances this season.

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastball/injuries/chicago-white-sox-injury-updates-on-liam-hendriks-and-mike-clevinger

White Sox manager Pedro Grifol said Thursday that Hendriks (elbow) peaked at 93.8 mph in his simulated game Wednesday, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Grifol said that Hendriks' velocity was "up" in the session, which must have been in reference to a bullpen session over the weekend considering the reliever has averaged 95.4 mph in his five appearances with the White Sox this season. The skipper wasn't sure what was next for Hendriks, saying the pitcher will "go in and talk to the trainers and we'll see what our next step is going to be." Hendriks has been out since early June with right elbow inflammation.

That still seems ominous on Hendriks, 

Better news on the Clevinger front, though wish the situations were reversed and we would never see Mike, not Liam, pitch again for the White Sox, or for that matter anyone in the United States. Wish he joined Trevor Bauer in Japan or Yermin Mercedes in the Mexican League.

White Sox manager Pedro Grifol said Thursday that Clevinger (biceps) will get up to 60 pitches in his next throwing session, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

ANALYSIS
Grifol didn't divulge when or where it will take place, but it will be on the heels of a three-up, three-down bullpen session Wednesday during which the manager said Clevinger "felt good and he looked good." Theoretically, the 60-pitch session could be Clevinger's final test before he rejoins Chicago's rotation, although the team has not confirmed as much.

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Liam’s high in latest bullpen session was 93.8, down 1.7 MPH from his low average 95.4 MPH average over five appearances this season.

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastball/injuries/chicago-white-sox-injury-updates-on-liam-hendriks-and-mike-clevinger

Better news on the Clevinger front, though wish the situations were reversed and we would never see Mike, not Liam, pitch again for the White Sox, or for that matter anyone in the United States. Wish he joined Trevor Bauer in Japan or Yermin Mercedes in the Mexican League.

That is very sad and unfortunate on Liam's fastball. Why don't these idiots shut him down for the rest of the season and quit this BS of trying to rush him back. New Flash to Pedro and Hahn: you aren't wining the division and making the playoffs. As a result, don't ruin Liam's chances for 2024. Let him just work on resting, and getting strong and healthier for next year, since he just battled and beat cancer. 

The Sox MO continues in 2023. Stupid Is as Stupid Does!

• Hawk 1

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

That is very sad and unfortunate on Liam's fastball. Why don't these idiots shut him down for the rest of the season and quit this BS of trying to rush him back. New Flash to Pedro and Hahn: you aren't wining the division and making the playoffs. As a result, don't ruin Liam's chances for 2024. Let him just work on resting, and getting strong and healthier for next year, since he just battled and beat cancer. 

The Sox MO continues in 2023. Stupid Is as Stupid Does!

I believe where they are at is what is the proper diagnosis. If Tommy John surgery is required, he is out until 2025 at this point with the typical 15 month recovery time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I believe where they are at is what is the proper diagnosis. If Tommy John surgery is required, he is out until 2025 at this point with the typical 15 month recovery time.

That makes declining the option an even easier decision. 

I hope Clevinger can get in a start before the deadline so we can move him for something. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That would be sad if he needs TJS, but if he does then they need to make that decision and quit delaying. The good news is, Liam is much younger than when Justin Verlander had his TJS and Verlander came back and won a CY Young award. 

• Like 1