7/15- White Sox at Braves, 6:15, Fox

flavum

27 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Good road win for the Sox.  Beni had a solid game with the bat. 

Benintendi gets grief around here but it's not his fault he signed the biggest palehose contract. After that bum Pollock last year, I appreciate Benintendi, especially since they moved him to leadoff...I would like his defense to be better though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Benintendi gets grief around here but it's not his fault he signed the biggest palehose contract. After that bum Pollock last year, I appreciate Benintendi, especially since they moved him to leadoff...I would like his defense to be better though. 

I think Benson is okay. He is just finding his groove. News flash Pedro just discovered that his Baseball For Dummies manual has a chapter two. Things are looking up. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Graveman closing is not for the feeble of heart.

That 9th was very Colome like....not this year's version but the one that constantly walked the tightrope but got the saves.

10 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Vaughn is real… not good….right now.

Vaughn makes most of the plays at first base.  Everyone has a miscue every now and then, even the exceptional first basemen.  He hustles.  He also hits into some bad luck, getting robbed more often than anyone else.  That'll even out.  When he hits, he hits the ball hard.  Still learning.

9 hours ago, wegner said:

Beni will be better once his wrist is 100%, we’ll see some homers from him too, not a slew but around 15 a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Vaughn makes most of the plays at first base.  Everyone has a miscue every now and then, even the exceptional first basemen.  He hustles.  He also hits into some bad luck, getting robbed more often than anyone else.  That'll even out.  When he hits, he hits the ball hard.  Still learning.

Maybe they should platoon Shields at first when there’s a tough right handed pitcher facing us. AV looked bad last night with no plate discipline at all, I can’t believe he went after a pitch that was just about over head high, no one can hit a pitch that high. Grifol talked about the team needing to be more focused, AV didn’t get the memo last night. I like AV and I hope he eventually figures things out, if there’s a retool he should be part of the core.

Edited by The Mighty Mite