7/15- White Sox at Braves, 6:15, Fox

flavum

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

You realize Strider's almost at 180 Ks already?

That's a Nolan Ryan or Randy Johnson number/pace.

You realize that some fans have high expectations for a former #3 overall pick on a 2-0 fastball after ~1300 career plate appearances?

6 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

They are never going to do that.

Probably not, but zero doubt in my mind they should.  A slow, poor defensive 1B who is a slightly above league hitter isn’t all that valuable.  And three years of said player may not even fit our timeline.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Probably not, but zero doubt in my mind they should.  A slow, poor defensive 1B who is a slightly above league hitter isn’t all that valuable.  And three years of said player may not even fit our timeline.

Vaughn has nothing to learn at AAA. The damage has been done you cant turn back the clock.

• Like 2

Just now, pmb0928 said:

Seby hasn't had achance to throw these guys out. They have such big jumps

It’s always been the case. People give Yaz s%*# but he and Seby have the same CS rate over the last 3 years. Most of the time, Johnny Bench in his prime has no chance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Vaughn has nothing to learn at AAA. The damage has been done you cant turn back the clock.

Gotta disagree.  Dude had great plate discipline in college and during his brief stint in the lower minors.  Then he completely skipped AA & AAA (I know he was part of our COVID complex team, but not sure that’s equivalent to those levels) and now is just pretty blah at everything.  He’s barely 25 years old, give him a couple months to work on things in a low pressure environment.  I have seen very little progress from his this year at the major league level.  If this is app he’s going to be then he’s AAA fodder anyways.