None of this would happen under Ozzie

ron883

26 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I still think that AJ Pierzynski would make a damn good manager.

Great.

AJ can go get some managerial experience in the minors or on a major league bench. f*** first time hires that leverage their relationship with the organization to weasel in here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

If you haven't listened to the white sox talk podcast go do it. Real interesting stuff from Ozzie and Pedro big league-ing him when he tried to offer help. Lot of stuff to think on there....

Ozzie is a bigger cancer on White Sox Baseball than anyone in the current clubhouse.

Need new blood in the FO and get rid of this clown hovering over the team like a dark cloud undermining every manager while trying to weasel his way back into the manager spot. 

Jerry and Kenny made/make a lot of mistakes, but banning Ozzie from returning as manager has been one of their good calls over the past decade. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree.  Time to bring in some winners to run the time.  Not KC Royals losers.  Ozzie and Theo 2024.  Theo would be a sure KW pick considering he was a legend in Boston 20 years ago and chicago Cubs 10 years ago.  But KW and Ozzie can't co exist.  KWs time has come and he's failed this organization since 2007 with blame on Hahn since 2012.

Edited by YonderLaroche

7 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Do people forget what absolute clown shoes Ozzie was at the end of his time managing? He got fired for a reason

Yes.  I don't blame him the team had potential but KW blew it.  Brett morel and lillibridge at 3b.  Adam Dunn.  Alex Rios.  Incomplete bullpen and rotation.  Built exactly like the 2022 white sox.  2022 hole at 2b RF and starting rotation.  Underperforming players.  Tony even quit too.   Adam Dunn hit .154.  A total joke.  Carlos Quentin Konerko and AJ had great years.  Quentin was a stud that year and was fun to watch until be got injured getting angry.  

Edited by YonderLaroche
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Do people forget what absolute clown shoes Ozzie was at the end of his time managing? He got fired for a reason

Ozzie has a short attention span. He was a great manager from 04 to 08. He was distracted and less interested after that. I wanted him to go too. But he's got something to prove and still has the fire and knowledge. He'd come back, be great for 4 or 5 years again and then probably check out. Honestly I'll take that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Ozzie has a short attention span. He was a great manager from 04 to 08. He was distracted and less interested after that. I wanted him to go too. But he's got something to prove and still has the fire and knowledge. He'd come back, be great for 4 or 5 years again and then probably check out. Honestly I'll take that. 

That’s probably right.  He would probably behave himself for a couple years.

12 hours ago, YonderLaroche said:

Agree.  Time to bring in some winners to run the time.  Not KC Royals losers.  Ozzie and Theo 2024.  Theo would be a sure KW pick considering he was a legend in Boston 20 years ago and chicago Cubs 10 years ago.  But KW and Ozzie can't co exist.  KWs time has come and he's failed this organization since 2007 with blame on Hahn since 2012.

Since his last playoff appearance in 2008, Ozzie has a .498 win percentage.

If we add 2007 since that's the cutoff you did for Kenny, he has a .489 win percentage.

57 minutes ago, YonderLaroche said:

What's KWs win % since 2007?

But let's keep playing this game!

Who is Ozzie's current employer? Reinsdorf.

What are his qualifications? 4 good seasons as a manager (2004-2006, 2008) - the last of which was 15 years ago - and the fact that he rants about the White Sox. And the fact that he used to be attached to the organization.

His resume isn't paper thin but the team can and should do better.

• Like 2

Lest we all forget about Nick Swisher, or intentionally playing an Adam Dunn hitting under .150 cleanup just to stick it to KW. Or the rotating Mark Kotsay DH disaster.  I'm sure I could think of a few more if I wanted to kill a few more brain cells.  

Ozzie was a train wreck at the end, negotiated a deal with under team while still under contract here, and didn't even last more than a single year with said team because he couldn't stop running his mouth.

He hasn't managed a big league game in longer than a decade, nor has he been willing to coach anywhere in MLB to rehab his rep. The notion that the short of s%*# we are seeing now wouldn't or didn't happen under Ozzie is complete fiction.

The Ozzie revisionist history is beyond nonsensical and needs to stop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Lest we all forget about Nick Swisher, or intentionally playing an Adam Dunn hitting under .150 cleanup just to stick it to KW. Or the rotating Mark Kotsay DH disaster.  I'm sure I could think of a few more if I wanted to kill a few more brain cells.  

Ozzie was a train wreck at the end, negotiated a deal with under team while still under contract here, and didn't even last more than a single year with said team because he couldn't stop running his mouth.

He hasn't managed a big league game in longer than a decade, nor has he been willing to coach anywhere in MLB to rehab his rep. The notion that the short of s%*# we are seeing now wouldn't or didn't happen under Ozzie is complete fiction.

I haven't seen anybody praise Ozzie's last year here or the terms of his departure. I have seen plenty ignore the good he did from 04 to 08 though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

This is also true.  The game has passed him by.

3 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

I haven't seen anybody praise Ozzie's last year here or the terms of his departure. I have seen plenty ignore the good he did from 04 to 08 though. 

I would like to strongly suggest that the game is markedly different today from what it was in those years, and many if the things that Ozzie loves (Juan Pierre) look even worse now. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

2008 was how long ago?  What relevance does that have now?  Tony La Russa won a World Series more recently than Ozzie, and look at the catastrophe he was.

Ozzie is just as out of touch with modern baseball as TLR is.

What in the hell has Ozzie done in the past 15 years that makes him qualified to manage in Major League Baseball today?

What has Ozzie even done to be even remotely relevant to modern baseball?

I'll hang up and listen...

• Fire 1

We’ve been Stockholm Syndrome’d into only considering a pool of six people already involved with the team as the only possibilities to run it. 

I don’t see Ozzie as a comparison point to Grifol, with pros and cons — I see Ozzie as another node in a long list of abject failures that have run this team over my lifetime.

Resist the temptation to crave past abuses. It’s all a s%*# show and we need to move forward. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2