None of this would happen under Ozzie

ron883

Say what you want about Ozzie, but his players respected him, and there was never this much bullshit happening under him. NONE of this would fly under Ozzie. 

I truly believe this team needs a manager that isn't afraid to call players out and hold them accountable. I can't think of a more perfect manager than him. With Hahn's potential firing looming, I wonder if Jerry does Ozzie a solid and hires him. Give Ozzie another chance as manager. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hawk 1

Nothing could be worse than the s%*# show we’ve had since 2020 or whatever year it was.

f*** this team.

We all know how diehard I am but when they came to town to play the Dodgers I was heckling Moncada and Anderson from my seats up the line.

Deplorable.

• Like 2

I'm surprised no one has hired him again. He practically invented quiet quitting. I think most folks learned a lot from the Tony rehiring. So bringing back Oz is the perfect WS front office response.

Great memories? Yes! Drinking issues? Yes! Lack of effort? Yes! Out of day to day operations for years? Yes! Hall of Fame? No. But maybe with a few more years. 

Please bring back Ozzie. If he could piss off a couple more groups of people with his political and social comments it would really complete this s%*# show. If we're going to lose, let's be entertaining. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Nothing could be worse than the s%*# show we’ve had since 2020 or whatever year it was.

This organization reads something like this and takes it as a challenge. I'm confident they can make this worse. They haven't even come close to the low point. They will grab some shovels and get to work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

I'm surprised no one has hired him again. He practically invented quiet quitting. I think most folks learned a lot from the Tony rehiring. So bringing back Oz is the perfect WS front office response.

Great memories? Yes! Drinking issues? Yes! Lack of effort? Yes! Out of day to day operations for years? Yes! Hall of Fame? No. But maybe with a few more years. 

Please bring back Ozzie. If he could piss off a couple more groups of people with his political and social comments it would really complete this s%*# show. If we're going to lose, let's be entertaining. 

Not sure if any team in MLB history have three or more managers quit in them, let alone within 11 seasons.

Managers who have not quit the White Sox in the New Millennium:

1. Jerry Manuel (December 5, 1997 - September 29, 2003)
  2. Don Cooper (September 27, 2011 - October 6, 2011)
  3. Ricky Renteria (October 3, 2016 - October 12, 2020)
  4. Miguel Cairo (August 30, 2022 - November 2, 2022)

Managers who have quit the White Sox in the New Millennium:

1. Ozzie Guillen (November 3, 2003 - September 26, 2011)
  2. Robin Ventura (October 7, 2011 - October 2, 2016)
  3. Tony La Russa (October 26, 2020 -  August 30, 2022, officially resigned October 4, 2022)

Days White Sox searched for a new manager:

1. 35 - Ozzie Guillen
  2. 0 - Don Cooper
  3. 7 - Robin Ventura
  4. 0 - Ricky Renteria
  5. 14 - Tony La Russa
  6. 0 - Miguel Cairo
  7. 29 - Pedro Grifol

Imagine Ozzie walking into the clubhouse on Day 1 with a couple "slump buster" dolls under each arm. Love that old school motivation. 😂

Two others factors that make him a perfect fit - no other offers and the probability he'll work for cheap. 

😂

Time to move on from Ozzie. He's entertaining on the post-game show, and that's a good place for him. He did a bad job in 2011, and the Marlins couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

Ozzie is into being a celebrity. The team doesn't need that nonsense anymore. If the Sox replace Pedro, get an experienced man in there. Not an experienced, ex-Sox manager.

Ozzie doesn't walk on water. Get someone else that has had no connection to the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

@South Side Hit Men

Are you assuming they didn't start planning before announcing someone wasn't going to be back or even that they started searching immediately after the announcement? 

It's possible they gave thought to one or more of these hires.

They begged Robin to stay and he said "bite my ankle" and they hired Ricky the next day. Doubt there was much thought beyond Ventura in 2011 beyond Kenny's declaration that he was interested in Paul Konerko as player / manager, which was not reciprocated by Pauly.

Ozzie (Cito Gaston) and Grifol (Joe Espada, who turned the Sox down) were the only two job searches with known multiple legitimate external candidates. I'm not counting the "Selig Rule" discussion with Willie Harris preceding Tony's hire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quin said:

Ozzie is lazy and has coasted on his reputation since 2008.

Ozzie himself was embroiled in all sorts of controversy on his way out.  It's laughable to suggest this sort of s%*# wouldn't or didn't happen under his watch.  He was the ringleader of his own damn circus at the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Ozzie himself was embroiled in all sorts of controversy on his way out.  It's laughable to suggest this sort of s%*# wouldn't or didn't happen under his watch.  He was the ringleader of his own damn circus at the end.

Another super ironic bit - the only time I thought the White Sox were well coached in the last 15 years was the year after Ozzie was removed. It was like everyone suddenly went “oh right we are here to practice baseball” in spring training and actually did so.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I've been known to shitpost once and awhile but Ron is approaching levels of block. Not sure when his last actual attempt at conversation was.

Please don't block me! Where will I get my updates about Lipstick Alley without you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

like this?

Likely Madrigal’s peak performance.

Yoan gave solid to great years in the past. I would wager Yoan has better numbers than Nick next season, perhaps far better. Depends on his approach and health.

Still doesn’t mean trading him and Heuer for setup Kimbrel made sense.