8/13 Games

BamaDoc

30 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

So just absolutely disastrous starts for every pitching prospect acquired at the deadline and Korey Lee has looked like dogshit.  That’s about right.

Yeah this is ugly so far.  Add in the Gonzalez looking like s%*# and it’s depressing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Yeah this is ugly so far.  Add in the Gonzalez looking like s%*# and it’s depressing.

I only saw one of Gonzalez AB's today and of course it's the one where he struck out.  I didn't see any major changes in his swing.  Maybe he was a little more crouched which is weird but I guess they want him to get into his legs some more but he's stll wide spread and open.  In that AB he wasn't trying to go the other way at all.  He was turning and burning on everything even fouling a ball of his front foot.  I don't know what the plan is for him and it's still obviously very early in the process but there is nothing that looks good with his swing right now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I only saw one of Gonzalez AB's today and of course it's the one where he struck out.  I didn't see any major changes in his swing.  Maybe he was a little more crouched which is weird but I guess they want him to get into his legs some more but he's stll wide spread and open.  In that AB he wasn't trying to go the other way at all.  He was turning and burning on everything even fouling a ball of his front foot.  I don't know what the plan is for him and it's still obviously very early in the process but there is nothing that looks good with his swing right now. 

I only saw his “hit” today and it was a very weak flare to left field. 

4 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

So just absolutely disastrous starts for every pitching prospect acquired at the deadline and Korey Lee has looked like dogshit.  That’s about right.

On the bright side, Jordan Leasure had what I think was first scoreless outing for us……..

11 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

But not only does it oscilate.  It oscilates in emphasis.  So yea.  There's that too.  

He’s just saying the slider doesn’t consistently do one thing, not that it’s doing different things in the same pitch. It would be good to know more about what he’s trying to do, but on the other hand this guy is nice enough to provide video and describe what he’s seeing. It would be better if he just spoke in inuendo that tried to show off he had some sort of insider info.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bmags said:

He’s just saying the slider doesn’t consistently do one thing, not that it’s doing different things in the same pitch. It would be good to know more about what he’s trying to do, but on the other hand this guy is nice enough to provide video and describe what he’s seeing. It would be better if he just spoke in inuendo that tried to show off he had some sort of insider info.

Jeez I apologize.  I'll start taking myself and Soxtalk as seriousy as you do.  No more joking around.  This is super duper seroius stuff!