8/23 Kirby v. Kopech Gamethread

Timmy U

17 minutes ago, almagest said:

Our catching situation is so grim right now that old man Salvy is something I'm almost looking forward to. He'll be mediocre to bad behind the plate, which is at worst a wash and at best a MASSIVE improvement, and he'll hit homers sometimes. Hopefully he can help Lee out (and Quero during spring training).

Best case scenario would be he catches about 80 games and DH/1B another 40-50 but that would require the new FO (God that's fun to say!) to clean up a lot of the dead weight on the roster. 

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Best case scenario would be he catches about 80 games and DH/1B another 40-50 but that would require the new FO (God that's fun to say!) to clean up a lot of the dead weight on the roster. 

Can't have that because it'll interfere with Andrew Vaughn's .730-ish OPS and statue-like fielding performance and, uh, "leadership".

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Couldn't have been 1,000 people at the game, right? The highlights showed a couple hundred bodies. Virtually nobody in the city wanted to be at GRate on Wednesday. Too hot. Too bad a team.

I wouldn't have gone yesterday if the Sox had the best record in baseball and Ohtani was playing. There are 81 home games, I'll go to ones where the temperature is below 90 degrees.