Update: 3 (2) fans injured by bullet in Guaranteed Rate field (split from game thread, police investigation underway)

Chicago White Sox

• Balta1701 changed the title to Shooting at/inside Guaranteed Rate field (split from game thread, police investigation underway)
Just now, ron883 said:

I wonder if somebody shot in the air somewhere outside of the stadium and the bullets happened to land there? I'm just surprised nobody would hear it, at all. 

Maybe Twitter is just this broken that there’s tons of video and photos but no one shares breaking content any more.

4 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Probably an accidental discharge by some clown who snuck a pistol in....pure guess based on all I've heard. Real question is how you allow the game to continue regardless of circumstances. 

Whenever I go to the rate or the UC, they use the metal detectors, check bags, etc. Went to a Cubs game recently and they literally did not check anything or use metal detectors. I was surprised. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Probably an accidental discharge by some clown who snuck a pistol in....pure guess based on all I've heard. Real question is how you allow the game to continue regardless of circumstances. 

I just don't understand how you could SNEAK a gun in, my watch has made the detectors go off numerous times.

• Like 1

Guys, not all gunshots sound exactly like you would think. If something loud was happening at the time, it could go mostly undetected. You might hear it and think it was any number of things and not bat an eye. As mentioned above by Boone, my bet is a negligent discharge and someone got themselves and someone near them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Didn't realize that. I don't watch these games anymore.

Lol…either do I, unfortunately I was there tonight and didn’t have a choice but to watch in disgust.  I left around 8:00ish, which I was believe sometime in the 6th inning.

Where did you see the time of the shooting?

Just now, Milkman delivers said:

Guys, not all gunshots sound exactly like you would think. If something loud was happening at the time, it could go mostly undetected. You might hear it and think it was any number of things and not bat an eye. As mentioned above by Boone, my bet is a negligent discharge and someone got themselves and someone near them.

Sure, but someone bleeding out on the ground would likely cause a bit of commotion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milkman delivers said:

There still the more than slightly big issues of the game continuing and how someone got a gun into the park.

• Like 1

My wife just said "it happened during the game and Benetti didn't say anything about it?!?"

I told her it wasn't anything important like busting some kids running in the upper deck or someone with too big of a bag of popcorn, so he let it slide.

• Haha 2

I’ll be honest, it’s going to look fucking horrible if there was a shooting in the park and they kept playing.  Even if it was an accidental discharge, the fact a gun was allowed inside should have resulted in an immediate shut down of the game.  Brooks Boyer must be working like crazy behind the scenes to come up with a story that doesn’t make our org look like completely fucking idiots.

• Like 1

• Texsox changed the title to Update: 3 (2) fans injured by bullet in Guaranteed Rate field (split from game thread, police investigation underway)
  • Kyyle23 locked this topic
  • Kyyle23 unlocked this topic