JR Speaks (gasp!)...

Lip Man 1

22 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I’ve haven’t liked JR for a long time but I truly believe that like all of us he was thoroughly disgusted with the team and I think Getz and company are going to make some moves that will help things get turned around in a quick way, I won’t be surprised if they eat Moncada’s contract and trade TA for anybody that can walk and chew gum at the same time. I’m looking for some substantial free agent signings also. One thing I’m really hoping for is that they fire Grifol, the man is a horrible manager and has no clue.

I like that JR said Getz knows the organization and would be a year ahead of an outsider in fixing what's broken.  That is a valid reason IMO for the Getz hire.  Getz also indicated he would conduct face to face interviews with players and coaches.  I believe that indicates a willingness to learn from people who are closer to the problems.  When JR first bought the team he signed Fisk which showed the fan base he was serious about building a winner.  I suspect that we might see something similar since JR seems to understand the fans frustration.

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Let me ask you this.  Do you honestly believe that the guy who just said he will not pay a premium for starting pitching will successfully restaff this starter group with 3-4 guys who will be as good as you know they need to be in order to win the division next year?

Or is it more likely they wait out the first two waves of free agency and get a couple of guys looking for a bounce back season that believe they were worth more than they were offered 

I can’t answer those questions but I’m hoping for something different from Getz and maybe an epiphany from JR that he realizes that his ways aren’t working. If those things don’t happen then it’s probably over for me after 71 years of being a die hard fan. I already watch most of the Rays games and it won’t be hard to switch allegiance to them. I’m already a huge Lightning fan as I’ve lost interest in the Blackhawks.

Just now, The Mighty Mite said:

I can’t answer those questions but I’m hoping for something different from Getz and maybe an epiphany from JR that he realizes that his ways aren’t working. If those things don’t happen then it’s probably over for me after 71 years of being a die hard fan. I already watch most of the Rays games and it won’t be hard to switch allegiance to them. I’m already a huge Lightning fan as I’ve lost interest in the Blackhawks.

I feel you, but right here I stop because yesterday Jerry definitively told us all that his way is what’s going to happen

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

A good organization will get him, yes. 

I wouldn't say that, I would say an organization with deep pockets (The Yankees are not a good organization but are big spenders, for example). On the other hand, "good" organizations like the Astros are going to have little interest I bet.

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

As we all know, it’s very common for 87 year olds to change their ways…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

They are definitely a huge part of the problem. Now you have to have a solution. 

Do you honestly believe it's more likely to sign players with the same potential as these two former all star level players or that they play better? 

I see Leury Garcia level free agency replacements. For the quickest turnaround we have to hope they return to near form. 

Moncada has had only one very good year with the rest of his career consisting of a lot of lackadaisical play with too much time on the IL, let someone else take a chance on him. I realize we owe Moncada a bunch of money so there’s a good chance he stays on the Southside and like you said returns to past form but I wouldn’t bet on it.
TA is another story, he has issues on and off the field and he needs to just keep his mouth shut, play the game with some hustle and he might return to what he was but with Montgomery the shortstop of the future I say trade TA and wish him good luck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Moncada has had only one very good year with the rest of his career consisting of a lot of lackadaisical play with too much time on the IL, let someone else take a chance on him. I realize we owe Moncada a bunch of money so there’s a good chance he stays on the Southside and like you said returns to past form but I wouldn’t bet on it.
TA is another story, he has issues on and off the field and he needs to just keep his mouth shut, play the game with some hustle and he might return to what he was but with Montgomery the shortstop of the future I say trade TA and wish him good luck.

No one will trade you anything for Tim Anderson. If you want him off the roster, you decline his option.

37 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Literally nothing we heard yesterday came from people who even realize there are systematic problems, let alone having plans to fix them. Our plans are to “win soon” and figure out the rest later. This is literally them insisting that things will work well if they believe in it harder. It won’t be long before they blame the fans again for not showing up and cheering hard enough.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I honestly believe that this off-season will barely make a dent in their overall problems, with or without Moncada/Anderson.  And JR is already convincing people hey this guy who is the same is actually different 

There’s no road to contention any time soon. What aren’t people understanding about this? JR fucking admitted that we’re not gonna spend money on free agents, so any signing is going to be someone we’re hoping will bounce back. The only way to possibly be back into contention immediately would be to sign absolute studs to huge contracts. It’s not happening.

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t trade some of these pieces of crap like Moncada and Anderson. People just need to understand that it’s not going to cause the team to be good.

Edited by Milkman delivers
Not saying that’s your position, Kyyle. Just venting
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Let me ask you this.  Do you honestly believe that the guy who just said he will not pay a premium for starting pitching will successfully restaff this starter group with 3-4 guys who will be as good as you know they need to be in order to win the division next year?

Or is it more likely they wait out the first two waves of free agency and get a couple of guys looking for a bounce back season that believe they were worth more than they were offered 

😆 I guess I could’ve saved my rant by just reading the next couple of posts first.

• Haha 1

I think based on everything we heard, that they 100% think they have addition via subtraction opportunities, and that leadership is what will propel them.

I mean, since this is all going so insane. Trade for Perez seems guaranteed. Sign Whit Merrifield for 2B? 💯

God does Whit Merrifield seem like a white sox player. No power, chase everything but decent enough contact to hit weak grounders. Good half a decade ago. Bad defensively. The perfect white sox 2b.

Get rid of Moncada and maybe another org goes after Chapman or Candelario. They seem expensive. 

But Mike Moustakas?

image.png

That's a white sox babay.

Sadly, I actually think this is one of the deeper FA pitching classes and I coudl see some stability there.

They can definitely cobble together a 74-76 win team.

Which is the white sox comfort zone. That can keep you a mlb job for a decade. Go get em getzy

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

‘Friends of mine have said: ‘Why don’t you sell? Why don’t you get out?’ ’’ Reinsdorf said. ‘‘My answer has always been: ‘I like what I’m doing, as bad as it is, and what else would I do? I’m a boring guy. I don’t play golf. I don’t play bridge. And I want to make it better before 

Imagine if this clown hated baseball ?

Dorf can't  go away soon  enough.

He's an abject failure saved only by the fact he inherited one the greatest NBA players in history.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Said it before, I'll gladly take a smaller payroll from JR if it meant he put his money on the farm system. Scouts, analytics department, etc. You wanna act like we're a small market team? At least act like the Rays.

Or the Twins.

or the Guardians.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

The infield to start next year could easily be Vaughn, Whit, Andrus and Moustakas with Perez catching

Zero chance that is the infield next year.  No one is giving Moustakas or Andrus a starting job.  Plus it sounds like Moncada is staying put.  I think the only wild card is whether Tim sticks around.  If he goes, then I could see someone like Whit brought in for 2B and Sosa sliding over to 2B.  Otherwise, the resources are going towards pitching and catching IMO.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Zero chance that is the infield next year.  No one is giving Moustakas or Andrus a starting job.  Plus it sounds like Moncada is staying put.  I think the only wild card is whether Tim sticks around.  If he goes, then I could see someone like Whit brought in for 2B and Sosa sliding over to 2B.  Otherwise, the resources are going towards pitching and catching IMO.

? from where