Postseason picture

flavum

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Cubs lose again in demoralizing fashion.

Mets and Marlins tied 2-2 late....1st and 3rd, no outs for Miami Top 9.

Cueto started and gave a much better performance than his ERA would have indicated.

Now 2nd and 3rd.

Bell/Burger/Chisholm up.

Burger got ejected for reacting to an awful strike 3. Probably the quickest ejection I've seen for just reacting to a call.

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Burger got ejected for reacting to an awful strike 3. Probably the quickest ejection I've seen for just reacting to a call.

throwing his helmet down aggressively is what got him tossed. one of the worst calls i've ever seen considering the circumstances.

on the flipside, the cubs blow it again in spectacular fashion. i like cody bellinger hugging acuna in the bottom of the 10th instead of holding him on the base, pre-congratulating him on his 70th stolen base. next ball in play is atl walking off the cubs. bad team, should've traded bellinger.

2 minutes ago, nrockway said:

throwing his helmet down aggressively is what got him tossed. one of the worst calls i've ever seen considering the circumstances.

on the flipside, the cubs blow it again in spectacular fashion. i like cody bellinger hugging acuna in the bottom of the 10th instead of holding him on the base, pre-congratulating him on his 70th stolen base. next ball in play is atl walking off the cubs. bad team, should've traded bellinger.

If Stroman gets rocked tmrw...Cubs fans will be even more irate about holding onto Bellinger/Stroman.

Although Marcus' value was way down, the odds of holding onto him at that point (or the desire on the part of the Cubs' FO) weren't looking all that promising.

Still, nothing like the Ohtani situation or Padres holding onto both Snell and Hader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

If Stroman gets rocked tmrw...Cubs fans will be even more irate about holding onto Bellinger/Stroman.

Although Marcus' value was way down, the odds of holding onto him at that point (or the desire on the part of the Cubs' FO) weren't looking all that promising.

Still, nothing like the Ohtani situation or Padres holding onto both Snell and Hader.

No they wont.  That's just a projection from someone suffering from habitual losing fanbase syndrome.  Coulda, woulda ,shoulda,  They are rental players.   Do you really think the Cubs ignored any offers?

They did the right thing.  There's only room for one white flag baseball team in this town,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

No they wont.  That's just a projection from someone suffering from habitual losing fanbase syndrome.  Coulda, woulda ,shoulda,  They are rental players.   Do you really think the Cubs ignored any offers?

They did the right thing.  There's only room for one white flag baseball team in this town,

Bellinger you couldn’t trade with how he was carrying the team.

Stroman is questionable…value was depressed from first two or so months when he looked extension-worthy.

9 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Yep, they are in a playoff race coming down to the final weekend.  Under no scenario should they have been selling. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

The Cubs were known as "lovable losers" for a century and 2 years ago they nuked the core of the most beloved team in franchise history.

Both franchises are habitual losers. It's just that one turned it into marketing genius.

2 hours ago, Quin said:

The Cubs were known as "lovable losers" for a century and 2 years ago they nuked the core of the most beloved team in franchise history.

Both franchises are habitual losers. It's just that one turned it into marketing genius.

Nuked the team and nobody has gone on to do anything after the nuclear meltdown.  It was a great move by them as opposed to paying young talent to turn around and do nothing.

They are playing meaningful baseball on September 28th.  I would die for that.

Regardless of what happens over the next two days, I envy them.

The idiots running the White Sox trade away Tatis and Semien for middling pitchers. 

47 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Nuked the team and nobody has gone on to do anything after the nuclear meltdown.  It was a great move by them as opposed to paying young talent to turn around and do nothing.

The idiots running the White Sox trade away Tatis and Semien for middling pitchers. 

Yeah they got unbelievable returns that deadline

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Yeah I don't buy this for a minute.  The Sox were playing "meaningful baseball" last September followed by a choke job too --  nobody around here was all carpe diem.  The Cubs' greatest triumph is a fanbase that somehow bought and sold the fiction that a mediocre few months bumping between second and third in a shitty division was a storybook season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Yeah they got unbelievable returns that deadline

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

It was the smart thing to do, just like the Sox trading one pitcher who was on pace for the Hall of Fame and another who was a fan-favorite to kickstart their rebuild was the smart thing to do.

They are still for the vast majority of their history a loser franchise.

• flavum changed the title to Postseason picture