Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

53 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

I don’t personally subscribe to BP or BA. Was Joey Ortiz in their previous top 101. I’m waiting to see MLBs updated list. 

Ortiz doesn’t appear to be in BP’s 2022 list.  He was on BA’s mid-season list though in the 50’s or 60’s I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Thanks for the info. 

Insist on Jones and Hampton until the last possible second and if we have to take Warren as the second piece, we should get a pretty good third piece. 

Nightengale made it seem like Sox wanted one of Jones or Hampton and Yanks wouldn’t include either 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I dont think it’s posturing. They signed Stroman instead. I think they’re done 

Eh Sherman thinks otherwise.

But if they're done they're done. 

I'd rather take Cease to the deadline and take the risk than accept Westburg, Beavers and like McDermott.

23 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I'd rather take Cease to the deadline and take the risk than accept Westburg, Beavers and like McDermott.

Me too and I am a big Beavers fan

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

5 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Good luck to them then. That rotation is Cole and a bunch of question marks.

How is Rodon a question mark?   Sox nation was calling for the end of days when Jerry allowed him to walk away. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

How is Rodon a question mark?   Sox nation was calling for the end of days when Jerry allowed him to walk away. 

Well... He was terrible last year, and shockingly hurt quite often. Also... we were made because we didn't offer him a QO, NOT because we let him walk away.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

8 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

For the record, I do think he will bounce back. But injuries are always a factor with him. Cortes, Stroman, and Schmidt don’t do much of anything for me. That rotation is not that good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

You're conflating a 160 million dollar deal and a mutually beneficial qualifying offer. Huge difference 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I’m not sure Westburg, Beavers and McDermott would even be on the table at the deadline. Westburg could have a big first half and I expect Beavers and McDermott on midseason top 100 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

That was two years ago.

He and Cortes both have to be at 100% or they will be in a lot of trouble.

Also shed King and Severino.

Clark Schmidt no bueno...not for a serious contender. Or Stroman's second half.

At one point, Jordan Montgomery wasn't even good enough for them to get a single post season start.  That feels like ages ago.

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’m not sure Westburg, Beavers and McDermott would even be on the table at the deadline. Westburg could have a big first half and I expect Beavers and McDermott on midseason top 100 

McDermott with his age and control issues on any top 100 list would be shocking (unless there's drastic improvement).

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Or he could go sideways and start to become as much a suspect as a prospect...ala Madrigal.

• Like 1

So many of the Orioles prospects “in play” are 24-25 years old.  I’d much rather the Sox go for high ceiling guys like Arias (NYY) than these older prospects.  I understand the injuries and COVID year restrictions as well (since I’m sure the hangout will argue that).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rolle Tide said:

I don’t personally subscribe to BP or BA. Was Joey Ortiz in their previous top 101. I’m waiting to see MLBs updated list. 

Ok, we’ll talk again in a couple weeks when Nicky Ortiz drops in MLB pipeline’s updated list too…

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

So many of the Orioles prospects “in play” are 24-25 years old.  I’d much rather the Sox go for high ceiling guys like Arias (NYY) than these older prospects.  I understand the injuries and COVID year restrictions as well (since I’m sure the hangout will argue that).

💯 

18 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

If he doesn't get moved by ST, he doesn't get moved by ST, Jimmy.

If we get to the deadline and Cease is having a reasonably good season, it doesn't really matter what BAL wants to offer, pitching will be in extreme demand regardless.

Actually I think it's in extreme demand now and I'm fine with Getz calling peoples bluffs if they are going to offer one piece plus a couple meh prospects. 

It's not worth it and I don't care whether they are bluffing or not. 

I fully support Getz saying no to one piece plus whatever. 

Harold is correct here. Getz drew a line in the sand at 2 impact prospects. Either meet it or not. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1

There’s added pressure to Getz here, being the new guy amongst GM’s. If he relents and accepts less than what he made clear he would be willing to accept, it sets a precedent/reputation - fair or not - that he can be waited out in negotiations. 

• Fire 2

19 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If he doesn't get moved by ST, he doesn't get moved by ST, Jimmy.

If we get to the deadline and Cease is having a reasonably good season, it doesn't really matter what BAL wants to offer, pitching will be in extreme demand regardless.

Actually I think it's in extreme demand now and I'm fine with Getz calling peoples bluffs if they are going to offer one piece plus a couple meh prospects. 

It's not worth it and I don't care whether they are bluffing or not. 

I fully support Getz saying no to one piece plus whatever. 

Harold is correct here. Getz drew a line in the sand at 2 impact prospects. Either meet it or not. 

He’s playing with fire. Hope he’s right 

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic