Gregory Santos Traded to Mariners for P Prelander Berroa, OF Zach DeLoach and 69th pick

DirtySox

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Exactly what my first impression was. Interesting deal. I think the Sox weren’t too high on Gregory as a teammate. 

Was he the serial bullpen napper?

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

A platoon with Pillar in RF. Wouldn’t mind Phillips still making it over Sheets.

Sheets does still have two options, fwiw. 

With these two deals, Sox do need to make a 40 man spot with Berroa, Deloach and Fletcher in and Santos and Mena out. 

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

No idea but they have that new big brained guy in the FO.  I'm hoping he can come up with a creative way to turn all that deferred money into a new contract.

Green Lantern Flops, What's Next For DC Movies | The Blackout Blog

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Best trade of Getz’s career.  He peddled one year of success (and possibly an injured arm) for a nice return.

We might actually have a lefty RF power bat.  His strikeout rate isn’t very pretty though.

DeLoach is an average runner and has improved to be an average defender in the outfield. His below-average arm fits best in left field, but he can fill in at all three spots.

Hope they don't put Benintendi in RF.

At least better than Sheets in RF I guess.

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

When I saw Mariners in the thread title, I immediately thought of Lazaro Montes the LHS...damn.

Maybe we will still get him in the Cease trade.

And yes I know his profile isn't something Getz likes and No...I don't care. 

Got another lefty who hit good last year.

1 minute ago, JoeC said:

Why would this team need a closer?

Well they have to try to win some games (Grifol) and this whole pitching/defense thing won't work as well if starters are never rewarded with the encouragement of occasional victories.

Being as bad a pen as last year...well, hard to do but the sheer talent level is not even comparable.

But who knows...so unpredictable.

4 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Why would this team need a closer?

To do the same thing the Sox did last year.  Turn a guy into a tradeable asset with one good season and move him for a nice return like this one.  Hopefully they can do the same thing with Leasure next season.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

To do the same thing the Sox did last year.  Turn a guy into a tradeable asset with one good season for a nice return like this one.  Hopefully they can do the same thing with Leasure next year.

True.

• Heads22 unpinned this topic