How has Andrew Vaughn escaped trade speculation ?

tray

On 2/3/2024 at 7:42 PM, tray said:

Probably because no team has any interest in this guy but maybe he should be dangled out on the trade market by Getz given his emphasis on speed and defense. Vaughn clogging up the bases with a single or getting tagged out trying to stretch a base hit into a double makes no sense with the new Go-Go Sox. Vaughn has alligator arms at 1B and very little range on defense. He doesn't make sense as a DH because of his splits and again, his lack of speed on the bases.  The Cubs among other teams might be interested.

You're coming down too harshly on Vaughn.  How many times was he thrown out at second trying to stretch a single to a double?  His hitting will improve this year.  If guys get on base ahead of him, he could be an RBI machine. His biggest flaw is his tendency to swing at third strike sliders out of the zone.  He knows it, and he will work on it.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

Eloy and Moncada have already been dangled out there. Good idea, trade both of them for a decent return.  But why does Vaughn seem un-tradeable?  He does not hit well enough to be a full time DH and he is a substandard defensive 1B. Read the Jimmy Maraglus article at the link I posted and the posts that follow. Vaughn does not fit Getz apparent vision to make the roster more athletic, better defensively, and faster on the bases.

Please, I don't "hate" any player or any idea to build a stadium.  Me, I am fine with moving to a new site, but not when it makes absolutely no sense to do it. That seems to be the case with 78.

• Fire 1

On 2/3/2024 at 6:42 PM, tray said:

Probably because no team has any interest in this guy but maybe he should be dangled out on the trade market by Getz given his emphasis on speed and defense. Vaughn clogging up the bases with a single or getting tagged out trying to stretch a base hit into a double makes no sense with the new Go-Go Sox. Vaughn has alligator arms at 1B and very little range on defense. He doesn't make sense as a DH because of his splits and again, his lack of speed on the bases.  The Cubs among other teams might be interested.

Clogging is no longer an unqualified item of emphasis in MLB. If you have a couple of productive fence-busters you look the other way. The grindy guys can do your un-clogging as needed. They need Vaughn to perform at an .850 OPS level to become a fixture at 1B.

58 minutes ago, tray said:

Eloy and Moncada have already been dangled out there. Good idea, trade both of them for a decent return.  But why does Vaughn seem un-tradeable?  He does not hit well enough to be a full time DH and he is a substandard defensive 1B. Read the Jimmy Maraglus article at the link I posted and the posts that follow. Vaughn does not fit Getz apparent vision to make the roster more athletic, better defensively, and faster on the bases.

Please, I don't "hate" any player or any idea to build a stadium.  Me, I am fine with moving to a new site, but not when it makes absolutely no sense to do it. That seems to be the case with 78.

IMG-5507.gif