2024 MiLB Catch All

DirtySox

Had to look this up on Statcast: Colson Montgomery has struck out 33 times this year, 17 of them looking. No major leaguer had half of his strikeouts looking last year and of those with high proportions of strikeouts looking, none of them were high strikeout players (so usually, if a lot of your Ks are looking, it's partly because you're so hard to strike out by swinging). For April 2024, Colson is an extremely high strikeout player.

• Like 1

Ky Bush made the hot sheet.

12. Ky Bush, LHP, White Sox
Team: Double-A Birmingham (Southern)

Why He’s Here: 2-0, 0.00, 2 GS, 11 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 7 BB, 14 SO.

The Scoop: When the White Sox acquired Bush along with Edgar Quero in last July’s Reynaldo Lopez/Lucas Giolito trade, he didn’t make a great first impression. Bush gave up 12 hits and seven runs in just 3.1 innings in his White Sox debut. It did get better from there, but Bush went 3-4, 6.70 in nine starts for Birmingham after the trade. Bush has been way better in his return to Birmingham. He threw back-to-back scoreless starts this week and has allowed only three earned runs in four starts. He allowed three or more runs in seven of his nine starts for Birmingham last year. Bush’s 94 mph fastball, 83-85 mph slider and high-80s changeup aren’t overpowering, but when he’s locating like this, they’re effective. (JC)

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/ranking-the-20-hottest-mlb-prospects-hot-sheet-4-30-24/

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

From BA's chat yesterday.

AJ
18 hours ago
What's the deal with Brooks Baldwin? Legit prospect?

Geoff Pontes
18 hours ago
I think he projects as a bench player who can help a team in a pinch. It's sort of fringe skills with some power but he's a guy who plays hard and has shown he can hit. There's just not everyday regular upside.

Edited by DirtySox

I watched the Dash game last night to see Schultz and I was struck by how bad fundamentally the team is. Missing the cut off man, sloppy infield play, it was bad baseball.

I know it’s the minors, A ball specifically, and mainly of these guys who sniff the majors but that’s not excuse to be fundamentally sound. It’s not hard to see why the Sox have struggled.