Getz and Pedro should go. Product on the field is horrible.

1 hour ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Its been a week, FIRE EVERYONE!

None of them should’ve been hired in the first place.  The Royals didn’t even want Grifol and Getz was a part of the previous failed regime.  Then Getz chose to create his new regime with a bunch of losers from another terrible organization just like the Sox.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3

With Robert and Eloy both hurt, this team is gonna have trouble scoring 2 runs a game. If we're gonna suck hard, I'd rather watch 9 Daniel Palkas than a bunch of slap hitters who can field. 

43 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

If I win the lottery I will fire everybody involved with the FO

You could win the entire powerball and take the cash option, and still not have enough money for even a majority share of the White Sox.  Not even close.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

$2.5 to $3 billion?

With a list valuation of $2.05b, that's probably an accurate open market sales price.  Cash option for the powerball after taxes is probably something like $400 million.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Unless JR decides to throw a lot of money at it, they will be awful for a long time. So they will be awful for a long time.

Maybe thats what the cash considerations are for.

Sox are going to be mostly sh$$y until they develop a good farm system.  Yea, the current snapshot of the Sox' prospects is okay today (although I suspect it's more in the 15-20 range), but the farm system and infrastructure are still bottom-quartile.  
When Williams took over, yes he inherited well, but the Sox also had a good farm (which he helped to build).  The Sox had a good farm from 1990-2005 (arguably til 2010) and the Sox had a good team most of those years.  But from 1970-1990 and 2006-present, the farm system has been mostly bad, as has been the team on the field (except for a few short pockets of success)
You just can't trade your way to improvement anymore; teams won't give up squat in young talent.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 4

On 4/6/2024 at 12:35 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

None of them should’ve been hired in the first place.  The Royals didn’t even want Grifol and Getz was a part of the previous failed regime.  Then Getz chose to create his new regime with a bunch of losers from another terrible organization just like the Sox.

On top of that, Royals swept the Sox this weekend.

On 4/6/2024 at 9:27 PM, Dick Allen said:

Unless JR decides to throw a lot of money at it, they will be awful for a long time. So they will be awful for a long time.

At the same time, attendance will drop at home and on the road.  Not many will want to watch a AAA team at best with MLB pricing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://jacob-hahn.com/projects/

I'm assuming this is Rick Hahn's kid (the 2008 coin flip winner for home field advantage), currently studying at Rice.

WHY WHY WHY wasn't his father reading and involving the White Sox in all this analytical research/analysis, lol?

Guess he was just from the wrong generation for keeping up with advances in technology compared to the Millennials.

https://jacob-hahn.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/jacob-hahn-resume-april-2024-1.pdf

On 4/6/2024 at 8:03 AM, Tony said:

Not only was no one else interviewed for the GM job, but I can say with absolute certainty no other MLB Team viewed Getz as an MLB ready GM. Yet here he is…

I spend more on my season ticket plan last year than they did on the GM search.  I may have included that in the conversation when I spoke with the rep.  

Just remember, anyone else would have had to take a year to learn the team. 

• Like 1

Not gonna judge Getz on this year's on-the-field product.

JR was never going to give Getz the money to put a competitive team on the field in 2024. I'm judging Getz on what talent he's brought back in trades and how much money he has committed (wasted) beyond 2024.

On the trades: some were better than others, but on the whole a decent return for the talent/salary he unloaded.

On the future salary, the only money he obligated beyond 2024 is: $1.5M buyout to Brebbia, $250k buyout to Maldonado, $7.5M to Fedde for 2025, $14.25M to Stassi for 25-26+buyout $500K for 2025 buyout.

If his strategy is to avoid future salary commitments until there is an owner that will approve a budget that can field a winning team, then I'm on board with that, no matter how bad this team is.

Edited by CentralChamps21
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Not gonna judge Getz on this year's on-the-field product.

JR was never going to give Getz the money to put a competitive team on the field in 2024. I'm judging Getz on what talent he's brought back in trades and how much money he has committed (wasted) beyond 2024.

On the trades: some were better than others, but on the whole a decent return for the talent/salary he unloaded.

On the future salary, the only money he obligated beyond 2024 is: $1.5M buyout to Brebbia, $250k buyout to Maldonado, $7.5M to Fedde for 2025, $14.25M to Stassi for 25-26+buyout.

If his strategy is to avoid future salary commitments until there is an owner that will approve a budget that can field a winning team, then I'm on board with that, no matter how bad this team is.

• 2025 club option includes a $500,000 buyout
  • So Stassi just that buyout for next year.  Pretty much no way that's exercised.