Tommy Pham Rumor Thread

8 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Q: How many 35 year-old players does it take to finish last? White Sox: We don't know, but we're doing everything we can to find out.

Just bring up Colas and let him play RF the rest of the year, if he can’t hack it then dump him for a bag of balls at the end of the year.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Colas is seven games into the beginning of his third season in the mlb system and has played less than 180 games in the minors. Sox are in no position to be dumping guys like Colas. Come on now

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 4OCS said:

Colas is seven games into the beginning of his third season in the mlb system and has played less than 180 games in the minors. Sox are in no position to be dumping guys like Colas. Come on now

That doesn't mean they won't out of some stubborn irrational desire to make an example out of him for the rest of the organization.

• Thanks 1

They should leave it alone. Saves JR money and they can blame injuries as the reason they suck. Just because they get hurt almost every season , people should be shocked Eloy and Robert got hurt. They should be shocked in the upcoming days when Moncada swings and has an awkward finish and  is in pain. They should be more shocked when Crochet can’t pitch because of elbow or shoulder soreness. 

JRs ways don’t work anymore. As long as he owns the team, and that could be for another decade, I know he’s 88; but he seems to be doing pretty well physically, they might have a decent season or two, but nothing sustained. You can’t sustain it when you don’t develop players and won’t go crazy on payroll. 

They really weren’t buying the BS they were trying to sell that they were a lot better than the prognosticators thought, were they?

I do not wish death on JR. In fact, I wish him good health. I just wish he would see the business has passed him by, he can get out, and even with the additional capital gains tax, leave his heirs more than they ever will need.

• Like 3

Personally, I'd rather just call up Brett Phillips. Sure, he swings a wet noodle of a  bat, but so does everyone else on this team. The guy is FUN. He's a fan favorite in every other city, he plays great defense, and seems like a fun teammate for others to be around. 

We aren't winning games. We aren't going to score runs. You want veteran leadership to change the culture of this team? Brett Phillips can have a much bigger impact on this team than any other journeyman we think can be a bandaid for this team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Personally, I'd rather just call up Brett Phillips. Sure, he swings a wet noodle of a  bat, but so does everyone else on this team. The guy is FUN. He's a fan favorite in every other city, he plays great defense, and seems like a fun teammate for others to be around. 

We aren't winning games. We aren't going to score runs. You want veteran leadership to change the culture of this team? Brett Phillips can have a much bigger impact on this team than any other journeyman we think can be a bandaid for this team.

Plays great defense.

7 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Phillips is literally 0/19 against AAA pitching, coming off a terrible ST. I don’t see what Brett Phillips accomplishes. Play Fletcher. Call up Colas. Play Benintendi because he’s going to be here. Want to play Grossman against LHP? Fine! But FFS were 1-7 against, with 6 of those guys against bad to mid teams. This team blows. Play guys that may have a future with the org, or have a chance to actually be useful baseball players or trade chips. 

This would also apply to Tommy Pham. Makes no sense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Phillips is literally 0/19 against AAA pitching, coming off a terrible ST. I don’t see what Brett Phillips accomplishes. Play Fletcher. Call up Colas. Play Benintendi because he’s going to be here. Want to play Grossman against LHP? Fine! But FFS were 1-7 against, with 6 of those guys against bad to mid teams. This team blows. Play guys that may have a future with the org, or have a chance to actually be useful baseball players or trade chips. 

This would also apply to Tommy Pham. Makes no sense.

I’m looking at what veterans we signed this offseason that were dealt last season brought back as some sort of reference for what we could possibly move those guys for.

Paul DeJong was dealt for a relief prospect who was having a pretty good year.

Pham was dealt for a left-handed hitting 16 -year old infield prospect.

Those were the only 2 deals worth mentioning (and we don’t even have Pham…yet).

Edited by Bob Sacamano

58 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Plays great defense.

That’s about it, I watched him the years he was with Rays, he will hit an occasional homer as he swings for the fences on every swing but most of the time it’s a K.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

“I sawed this boat in half!”

Phil Swift is the man.  We should sign him instead.

I once used flex seal spray as improvised soles on a Halloween costume.

That s%*# worked. Phil Swift for GM.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They should leave it alone. Saves JR money and they can blame injuries as the reason they suck. Just because they get hurt almost every season , people should be shocked Eloy and Robert got hurt. They should be shocked in the upcoming days when Moncada swings and has an awkward finish and  is in pain. They should be more shocked when Crochet can’t pitch because of elbow or shoulder soreness.

Save this post. Yes Moncada figures to get hurt and our hearts will break if and when Crochet goes down.