No player symbolizes Chris Getz Player Development like Lenyn Sosa

bmags

5 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Funny when a guy who last saw his pecker in the flesh during the first Obama administration mocks actual athletes in a slump. You complained about everything, you didn't predict anything. Big difference. 

I’m in my early 40’s.  Last I remember, you are old enough to be my dad, but I won’t stoop to your level of taking personal shots.  If no one on this board could post about Sox players performances, there would be hardly any posts.  Also, it isn’t a slump when sucky players suck.  It is reality.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I would remind you that 3 stars were all out, injured after 10 games, and 3 other veteran hitters were OPSing their credit scores, but that would require the Admins to shut down the string while they clear off all of my patient, intelligent corrections of all of your melt-downs. 

Three “stars” who are frequently injured?  Who are the other two “stars” after Robert?

Regardless, keep making this same ridiculous argument considering they have barely played with each other.  🥱 

• Paper Bag 1

13 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Funny when a guy who last saw his pecker in the flesh during the first Obama administration mocks actual athletes in a slump. You complained about everything, you didn't predict anything. Big difference. 

Look if you want to worry about another dude's penis, that is your business, but please keep it out of the threads

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I would remind you that 3 stars were all out, injured after 10 games, and 3 other veteran hitters were OPSing their credit scores, but that would require the Admins to shut down the string while they clear off all of my patient, intelligent corrections of all of your melt-downs. 

And Clevinger?

46 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Three “stars” who are frequently injured?  Who are the other two “stars” after Robert?

Regardless, keep making this same ridiculous argument considering they have barely played with each other.  🥱

Yours is the ridiculous argument. Robert, Moncada and Jimenez are the "stars". You know, guys who could OPS .750. All three have been out at the same time, injured for a total of 11 games in 4 years. Yes, all three are injury prone. I'm not sure what point your making. They suck because they get injured?

13 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Yours is the ridiculous argument. Robert, Moncada and Jimenez are the "stars". You know, guys who could OPS .750. All three have been out at the same time, injured for a total of 11 games in 4 years. Yes, all three are injury prone. I'm not sure what point your making. They suck because they get injured?

Calling Moncada and Jimenez stars is quite the stretch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Not a personal shot.  I believe you stated in another thread that you are 61 or so.

And I didn't think the "pecker" comment would strike a nerve. We're all bigger than we were 12 years ago. Sorry.

I'm 60

34 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

If you consider a “star” player one that can OPS .750, we will never agree on anything, nor will anyone else on this message board.

An MLB “star” player = .750 OPS?  Seriously?  It’s not 1975.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

I thought all you nay-sayers vowed to ignore me after the last dust-up. I guess I'm must-see-TV.

Its hard to look away from train wrecks.

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

If you consider a “star” player one that can OPS .750, we will never agree on anything, nor will anyone else on this message board.

An MLB “star” player = .750 OPS?  Seriously?  It’s not 1975.

And here you go, again. Did your "everybody sucks" proclamation also cover predicting Eloy's OPS on April 23rd? A .750 OPS would be a minimum expectation of an average major leaguer, which nobody but Gavin Sheets and Paul DeJong are above. I didn't cry and moan that those two should be instantly DFAed in January, so by your rules, I get to say I "predicted" their production, right? 

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

Its hard to look away from train wrecks.

Train wreck? That would apply to the White Sox, I'm not sure how it applies to people who don't collapse and cry on the floor over every single manager quote. Is that the opposite of a train wreck? A grown man rage-weeping because another grown man mumbled some incoherent BS about his losing baseball team? 

Train wreck? That would apply to the White Sox, I'm not sure how it applies to people who don't collapse and cry on the floor over every single manager quote. Is that the opposite of a train wreck? A grown man rage-weeping because another grown man mumbled some incoherent BS about his losing baseball team? 

Im not sure I would consider people complaining about the White Sox shitty product on a White Sox message board rage-weeping but I guess you can interpret it however you like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, T R U said:

Im not sure I would consider people complaining about the White Sox shitty product on a White Sox message board rage-weeping but I guess you can interpret it however you like.

I would. I'm a fan who tried to have a "wait and see" attitude towards the moves that no amount of my sarcasm directed at the FO would change or reverse, and now I'm the face of the franchise, here. Even when trying to just let it drop, people are tagging me to drag me into somebody's sad metaphor attempt. That's fine. I'm happy to mix it up as a diversion. 

I'm not "embarrassed" by this start, I don't hate total strangers for not playing baseball good enough to make me feel better about myself. Sure, I'll curse at the TV, and all. It is frustrating when you just want to see a commanding inning. 

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

Yours is the ridiculous argument. Robert, Moncada and Jimenez are the "stars".

Moncada is in his 9th season and Jimenez is in his 6th.

Between the 2 of them they have exactly 2 seasons where one of them had a WAR over 2. Both of them were Moncada. 2019 (5.2) and 2021 (4).

"Star" players have career low years of 2 WAR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

8 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I would. I'm a fan who tried to have a "wait and see" attitude towards the moves that no amount of my sarcasm directed at the FO would change or reverse, and now I'm the face of the franchise, here. Even when trying to just let it drop, people are tagging me to drag me into somebody's sad metaphor attempt. That's fine. I'm happy to mix it up as a diversion. 

I'm not "embarrassed" by this start, I don't hate total strangers for not playing baseball good enough to make me feel better about myself. Sure, I'll curse at the TV, and all. It is frustrating when you just want to see a commanding inning. 

I am pretty sure that no one here is having their personal life's ruined by the White Sox embarrassing and pathetic start to this season. Its probably because they can come here and b**** about it and let off steam instead of in their personal life's.

There was really no reason at all the have a wait and see approach to this, every move they made has been terrible. It was easy to see the writing on the wall from a mile away. They were the worst team in spring training when other teams weren't even playing regulars. They have carried that momentum into literally the worst start imaginable.

The pitching stinks, as expected. The hitting stinks, as expected. The same guys who get hurt every year are hurt again, as expected. There was literally nothing about this off-season that should have warranted a wait and see approach. Your favorite team said they couldn't afford to waste a year and were not going to rebuild. They lied to your face. Am I going to go and take it out on my wife and kids? No. Am I going to come on here and b**** about it with the rest of my fellow fans who are equally as pissed about this sad sack franchise, you betcha.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, T R U said:

I am pretty sure that no one here is having their personal life's ruined by the White Sox embarrassing and pathetic start to this season. Its probably because they can come here and b**** about it and let off steam instead of in their personal life's.

There was really no reason at all the have a wait and see approach to this, every move they made has been terrible. It was easy to see the writing on the wall from a mile away. They were the worst team in spring training when other teams weren't even playing regulars. They have carried that momentum into literally the worst start imaginable.

The pitching stinks, as expected. The hitting stinks, as expected. The same guys who get hurt every year are hurt again, as expected. There was literally nothing about this off-season that should have warranted a wait and see approach. Your favorite team said they couldn't afford to waste a year and were not going to rebuild. They lied to your face. Am I going to go and take it out on my wife and kids? No. Am I going to come on here and b**** about it with the rest of my fellow fans who are equally as pissed about this sad sack franchise, you betcha.

Well, not having a "wait and see" attitude didn't really change anything, either. So my choices were to start screaming back in December, or figure out what or whom to root for. You do what you want, and I'll do what I want. Nobody's stopping you. I get lots of advice, here, of what I'm supposed to be thinking and feeling about this team, and why I should be apoplectic about each individual move. If that's what you're calling a train wreck, I sure hope Joe Biden shows up and comforts everyone. 

Well, not having a "wait and see" attitude didn't really change anything, either. So my choices were to start screaming back in December, or figure out what or whom to root for. You do what you want, and I'll do what I want. Nobody's stopping you. I get lots of advice, here, of what I'm supposed to be thinking and feeling about this team, and why I should be apoplectic about each individual move. If that's what you're calling a train wreck, I sure hope Joe Biden shows up and comforts everyone. 

Here's whats real, this team absolutely sucks and 99% of the people on this board have had enough. Why is your expectation to come in and poke the bear and not get any kind of kickback for it? Then you shame all the people for rightfully being pissed about whats going on. Of course you are going catch a lot of strays now.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

Moncada is in his 9th season and Jimenez is in his 6th.

Between the 2 of them they have exactly 2 seasons where one of them had a WAR over 2. Both of them were Moncada. 2019 (5.2) and 2021 (4).

"Star" players have career low years of 2 WAR.

If you're going to quibble with the word "stars", fine. Then let's say that Getz came in, saddled with 5 veteran players, all of who could have been expected to hit like major league baseball players, as they have in the past. And all 5 either got injured early, s%*# the bed, or both. 

And if somebody wants to jump in and start arguing that no, none of those players should have been relied upon, then you're only making a more sympathetic argument than I did, as they came into the season with 5 dead bodies they had to roster.