White Sox vs. New York Starr Insurance - 5/17, 6:05 PM first pitch

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Why hasn’t Pham been traded yet?

Getz, worry about getting some talent, not about improving your embarrassing record.

It must be difficult to comprehend that getting Pham can  both improve the team in the short term while providing a chance to fix it longer term.

Surely an advanced baseball mind like yours understands the closer you get to the deadline the more teams can determine their needs and who else becomes available.

This is how the trade deadline has worked for years.

Imagine someone yelling at Getz on a message board about why Pham hasn't been traded yet 2 months away from the trade deadline while also yelling at him to stop making the team better and start acquiring talent .Both will happen through acquiring Pham. They already improved in the short term and he will bring back more talent.

You really should get out of the basement more.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • TLR 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It must be difficult to comprehend that getting Pham can  both improve the team in the short term while providing a chance to fix it longer term.

Surely an advanced baseball mind like yours understands the closer you get to the deadline the more teams can determine their needs and who else becomes available.

This is how the trade deadline has worked for years.

Imagine someone yelling at Getz on a message board about why Pham hasn't been traded yet 2 months away from the trade deadline while also yelling at him to stop making the team better and start acquiring talent .Both will happen through acquiring Pham. They already improved in the short term and he will bring back more talent.

You really should get out of the basement more.

You just spent 5 minutes to address a post you didn’t like but I need to get out of my basement more?  Haha, pot-kettle-black.

Improve the team in the short term?  What in the f*** are you smoking tonight?  Meth?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

49 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

As much as a mismatch this series is, this was a winnable game!

You are right.  Poor base running, lack of clutch hitting, Maldonado in the lineup left runs on the table.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

Just a heads up:

Maldonado in May: 2 for 21, 15 K's

Needs to play more.

Maldonado fell below the Maldonado line tonight .  Avg .096.  Costly passed ball too.  Why the heck is he playing?  Pedro is inept.

Edited by hankchifan
Spelling
  • Paper Bag 2

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

A one-armed cricket player could outhit Maldonado after switching to an MLB bat.

Pete Gray outhit Maldonado with one arm for the Browns. .218 with a .520 OPS. Probably the equivalent of hitting .400 with two

pete-gray-signed-photo-8930.jpg?h=1000

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was one pitch where it looked like Maldonado started his swing after the ball was already in the catcher's mitt.

Remillard picked off 2nd.  FFS.  

Bring up the young(er) guys please.

6 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

There was one pitch where it looked like Maldonado started his swing after the ball was already in the catcher's mitt.

Remillard picked off 2nd.  FFS.  

Bring up the young(er) guys please.

Younger than Remillard, lol?

Well...have already crossed off Sosa Romy and Popeye.

I guess some are pining for Baldwin but we have seen how often that works out?

You want Stassi Perez or Hackenberg to replace Maldonado?

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Younger than Remillard, lol?

Well...have already crossed off Sosa Romy and Popeye.

I guess some are pining for Baldwin but we have seen how often that works out?

You want Stassi Perez or Hackenberg to replace Maldonado?

I think you're being sarcastic, but just in case you're not, Remillard is 30 years old 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downtown Brown said:

Harold works for the sox? He always felt like more of a care salesman type to me! 

Downtown Brown! Yes!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 4OCS said:

Pete Gray outhit Maldonado with one arm for the Browns. .218 with a .520 OPS. Probably the equivalent of hitting .400 with two

pete-gray-signed-photo-8930.jpg?h=1000

Eddie_Gaedel.jpg

well this guy has a higher obp than anything in history

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldsox said:

So Clevenger was again taken out of the game with 2 outs in the 5th inning. Someone please explain this to me.

It’s not that serious.  He had two guys on and Pedro went for the lefty matchup 

• Like 1

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic