Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wild Card Round Discussion

Featured Replies

They got 2 umps down the line and nobody wanted to make that call lol

  • Replies 253
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • caulfield12 — The International Man of SoxTalk Caulfield is another massive-volume, deeply knowledgeable, weirdly wide-ranging poster. His posts frequently go beyond the Sox into international basebal

  • Screw them

  • NotSoRetro1983Hat
    NotSoRetro1983Hat

    Wild card game 1 update: coleson Montgomery is already 0-2, 2 Ks. 🤣

So our Sox will be the only road team to win today.

Edited by wegner

22 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Thank you for staying on topic and following through on a single, discrete, coherent point. You’re doing god’s work and are appreciated.

Starting pitching and entire staffs are two quite different things...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/49989936/mlb-2026-playoffs-postseason-rotation-tiers-pitching-dodgers-brewers-yankees-phillies-red-sox

last here and at The Athletic out of 12 and 15 teams ranked

CBS had them just behind Cubs and ahead of Houston

normally when you talk about pitching, it's the rotation that the majority of people think of first

  • Author
2 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Remarkable performance from Schlittler

Man, I would kill to be able to find a starter like that.

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Man, I would kill to be able to find a starter like that.

Colleges

Northeastern University (Boston,MA)

Drafted/Signed

2022-7-220-New York Yankees

Signing Bonus

$ 205,000

Service Time

0.082 (2025)

Northeast scouting!!!

Burke Vasil there was one more Sox pitcher from that region

maybe Newcomb? yes Brockton MA

"And within a 24-hour span, Sean Burke, Mike Vasil, Jared Shuster and Shane Smith each pitched off Fenway’s mound as major leaguers for the first time."

Edited by caulfield12

Maybe the Cubs and Red Sox were both dragging from the extra travel to play that game at the Trop?

5 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Maybe the Cubs and Red Sox were both dragging from the extra travel to play that game at the Trop?

Red Sox aren’t good and the Cubs were too streaky this year and the Padres are on fire.

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

they subtracted Luis Castillo's contract there

He’s not on the Wild Card roster, so of course they subtracted him.

6 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Maybe the Cubs and Red Sox were both dragging from the extra travel to play that game at the Trop?

Marlins series did them in them then they double header ended everything. The Sunday game allowed them to see if Bregman was healthy.

8 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Man, I would kill to be able to find a starter like that.

King looked terrific as well

9 hours ago, chw42 said:

Petco is such a great park. I finally saw a game there last month and the vibes are amazing.

Absolutely. I’ve been to 13 of the current parks and it’s easily one of the best if not the best that I’ve been to.

EDIT: And I’ve been to Oracle Park and PNC Park too. Those 3 are far above the rest I’ve been to.

Edited by 77 Hitmen

9 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Wow. That was absolutely electric from Tatis

Padres fans must absolutely love Rick Hahn.

9 hours ago, chw42 said:

Yup the atmosphere is awesome. Easy to hang out before and after the games with all the bars around there. The stadium is really well integrated into the whole gas lamp district. You can take a glance into the stadium just walking around the neighborhood. It's a little like Wrigley, but actually well designed and modern. Also don't have to deal with annoying Cubs fans.

We are Sox fans. All we need is Perfectly Fine and Parking Lots.

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

He’s not on the Wild Card roster, so of course they subtracted him.

I believe the technical term is addition by subtraction

Bears win big on MNF, Sox win first playoff game in 5 years, and Cubs lose big. That was a great 2 days in Chicago sports.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

King looked terrific as well

Off-season target I want the Sox to pursue

27 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Off-season target I want the Sox to pursue

Completely off my radar but I love this idea.

1 hour ago, 77 Hitmen said:

Bears win big on MNF, Sox win first playoff game in 5 years, and Cubs lose big. That was a great 2 days in Chicago sports.

Hatewatch of the cubs post game last night was hilarious.

22 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Completely off my radar but I love this idea.

He's got an opt-out which you think he would exercise to get a multi-year deal.

Edit: I lied. He's got an opt out of his 2027 salary of $28M ($5M buyout) and one for 2028 salary of $30M. So he would have to beat 2/$53M but he's 31 so you think he would be able to get at least a 4-year deal.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

2 hours ago, wegner said:

King looked terrific as well

Hoping Taylor has a similar career to King, minus the trades of course. Elite pen arm to elite closer to elite starter.

How do the Yankees always end up with these ridiculously dominating pitchers when they draft so low every year.

1 hour ago, 77 Hitmen said:

Padres fans must absolutely love Rick Hahn.

Can you imagine if he were the Sox shortstop now?

1 hour ago, 77 Hitmen said:

Absolutely. I’ve been to 13 of the current parks and it’s easily one of the best if not the best that I’ve been to.

EDIT: And I’ve been to Oracle Park and PNC Park too. Those 3 are far above the rest I’ve been to.

Yeah those 3 are great. I’ve been to 16 of the current parks and my top 5 are Petco, PNC, Oracle, Wrigley (fight me) and Fenway.

Honorable mention to Coors.

Astros players blast their own fans for booing, not showing up to playoff loss

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7644992/2026/09/30/astros-loss-game-1-fans-frustration/

“The fans here are definitely spoiled with a lot of ALCS and World Series runs, and we have to earn that right to bring this team back to that position,” reliever Bennett Sousa said. “That being said, when this team was in their first (playoff) series 10 years ago, Minute Maid Park was probably packed. It makes a big difference. If we were in Chicago, it’d probably be loud as s—.”

“I’m not going to lie to you, I was pretty pissed off in the dugout when I came in, about the boos,” Sousa said. “This team has laid a lot on the line to be in this position to give the fans a playoff game — a playoff series. We want their support.”

It looks like the Braves only had 30k at their playoff game yesterday. The Yankees (who make the playoffs almost every year) had a packed house and so did the Padres (who have made the playoffs 5 times this decade).

1 minute ago, 77 Hitmen said:

Astros players blast their own fans for booing, not showing up to playoff loss

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7644992/2026/09/30/astros-loss-game-1-fans-frustration/

“The fans here are definitely spoiled with a lot of ALCS and World Series runs, and we have to earn that right to bring this team back to that position,” reliever Bennett Sousa said. “That being said, when this team was in their first (playoff) series 10 years ago, Minute Maid Park was probably packed. It makes a big difference. If we were in Chicago, it’d probably be loud as s—.”

“I’m not going to lie to you, I was pretty pissed off in the dugout when I came in, about the boos,” Sousa said. “This team has laid a lot on the line to be in this position to give the fans a playoff game — a playoff series. We want their support.”

It looks like the Braves only had 30k at their playoff game yesterday. The Yankees (who make the playoffs almost every year) had a packed house and so did the Padres (who have made the playoffs 5 times this decade).

The Guardians had 26-29k last year for their WC day games. I'm sure if the Yankees played at 1pm and it wasnt a big rivalry like the Red Sox they would have smaller numbers too, or not since New York has so many people.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 4

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.