6 hours ago6 hr There’s a very good chance IMO they just run it back next year with virtually the same position players. I could see them signing Grichuk to a 1-year deal and making Romo the back-up catcher. Would everyone be ok with this? You all know I believe one of the Montgomerys needs to go.
6 hours ago6 hr 17 minutes ago, fathom said:There’s a very good chance IMO they just run it back next year with virtually the same position players. I could see them signing Grichuk to a 1-year deal and making Romo the back-up catcher. Would everyone be ok with this? You all know I believe one of the Montgomerys needs to go.Joey Bart is still under contract. I imagine it'll be him.
6 hours ago6 hr I know the hitting philosophy is "f*** the strikeout" and I kind of bought into it throughout the year, but the ALDS really exposed that. I would like to see 1-2 less K prone players in the lineup next year.Meidroth, Antonacci, Peters, Vargas really showed me something this year. Colson, Mune - having both of them in the lineup kills ralliesBraden - please work on your RH swingBenintendi - I can't wait until hes gone, 0-7 with 7 Ks in the ALDSTeel - I am still high on Teel and like Bart as the backup catcherColson should be good trade bait, but man its hard to give up on a player of his potential..
6 hours ago6 hr 3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:I know the hitting philosophy is "f*** the strikeout" and I kind of bought into it throughout the year, but the ALDS really exposed that. I would like to see 1-2 less K prone players in the lineup next year.Meidroth, Antonacci, Peters, Vargas really showed me something this year. Colson, Mune - having both of them in the lineup kills ralliesBraden - please work on your RH swingBenintendi - I can't wait until hes gone, 0-7 with 7 Ks in the ALDSTeel - I am still high on Teel and like Bart as the backup catcherColson should be good trade bait, but man its hard to give up on a player of his potential..If they think Bonemer is the real deal then my guess is Kolson will be traded for a starting pitcher.
6 hours ago6 hr 16 minutes ago, almagest said:Joey Bart is still under contract. I imagine it'll be him.I think he gets non-tendered. Projected to make like $3M and was traded for a guy we DFA’d. No loss
5 hours ago5 hr 6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:I think he gets non-tendered. Projected to make like $3M and was traded for a guy we DFA’d. No lossIf they think Quero can do it then I agree. Otherwise Bart is their best option I think.
5 hours ago5 hr 1 minute ago, almagest said:If they think Quero can do it then I agree. Otherwise Bart is their best option I think.My guess is the White Sox braintrust will go with Quero as the backup as he’s too young to give up on and except for this year has been a pretty decent hitter during his minor league career.
5 hours ago5 hr Remember, Sox get Baldwin and Murray back, so I imagine Acuna is gone. Then there’s the possibility that they add Bonemer and possibly Cholowsky. So, there will be changes. Do not buy they are trading Colson and giving ss to Bonemer. They are moving him to of.
5 hours ago5 hr 5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:Remember, Sox get Baldwin and Murray back, so I imagine Acuna is gone. Then there’s the possibility that they add Bonemer and possibly Cholowsky. So, there will be changes. Do not buy they are trading Colson and giving ss to Bonemer. They are moving him to of.Bonemer is probably up before the all star break assuming he handles AAA well. Cholowsky I think needs a year in the minors, especially since he got hurt. He could certainly force the issue though.
3 hours ago3 hr 1 hour ago, fathom said:There’s a very good chance IMO they just run it back next year with virtually the same position players. I could see them signing Grichuk to a 1-year deal and making Romo the back-up catcher. Would everyone be ok with this? You all know I believe one of the Montgomerys needs to go.You’re panicking on Braden way too soon IMO. I also think Bonemer will be up by May or June and filling in at multiple spots, which will provide a good hedge for both the IF & OF. I’d definitely bring Grichuk on a one year deal though. I’d also go with Bart as the backup catcher over Romo depending on cost. Quero should also be in the mix if he can undo what changes he made last offseason.
3 hours ago3 hr 2 hours ago, almagest said:Joey Bart is still under contract. I imagine it'll be him.Bart > Romo.
1 hour ago1 hr 3 hours ago, Timmy U said:Remember, Sox get Baldwin and Murray back, so I imagine Acuna is gone. Then there’s the possibility that they add Bonemer and possibly Cholowsky. So, there will be changes. Do not buy they are trading Colson and giving ss to Bonemer. They are moving him to of.I’m super high on Baldwin and think having a LH utility guy on the bench will be a huge plus for us. He is a major upgrade over Acuna for sure. This is what I’d like to seeLineup:1B: M. Murakami*2B: C. MeidrothSS: C. Montgomery*3B: M. VargasLF: S. Antonacci*CF: T. Peters*RF: B. Montgomery#DH: A. Benintendi*CA: K. Teel*Bench:IF: B. Baldwin#OF: B. DoyleOF: R. GrichukBC: J. BartBonemer comes up in May or June and replaces Benintendi on the roster.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.