Top of the Line-up

Gene Honda Civic

sure... willie gets on base by any means necessary (HBP could be his best option)

:lolhitting :D :rolleyes: :huh: :angry: :puke

I felt this was going to be a problem from the start. One of the question marks. Maybe the speedster Kong should be at the top :ph34r:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put Uribe in the lineup, move Rowand to leadoff, move Lee to 2nd in the order.

New Lineup:

CF Rowand

LF Lee

RF Ordonez

DH Thomas

1B Konerko

SS Valentin

3B Crede

C Olivo

2B Uribe

How about....

(vs RHP)

Valentin (2003 OBP close to .350 against righties)

Lee (hits them better than lefties for some reason)

Maggs

Hurt

Konerko

Crede

Alomar (hit them better than lefties as well)

Rowand

Uribe

(vs LHP)

Rowand (hits lefties, can run a little)

Olivo (ditto....should see more fastball mistakes in front of boppers)

Maggs

Thomas

Lee

Valentin

Konerko

Crede

Uribe

Damn....Kenny, pick up Oriole Gm's phone.

How about....

(vs RHP)

Maggs

Hurt

Konerko

Crede

Rowand

Uribe

(vs LHP)

Maggs

Thomas

Lee.247, .700 OPS over last 3 years vs. LHP

Valentin

Konerko.325, .966 OPS over last 3 seasons vs. LHP

Crede

Uribe

What kind of preotection does Lee give Frank, the most feared hitter in baseball vs. LHP, ?

How about....

(vs RHP)

Maggs

Hurt

Konerko

Crede

Rowand

Uribe

(vs LHP)

Maggs

Thomas

Lee.247, .700 OPS over last 3 years vs. LHP

Valentin

Konerko.325, .966 OPS over last 3 seasons vs. LHP

Crede

Uribe

What kind of preotection does Lee give Frank, the most feared hitter in baseball vs. LHP, ?

I figured while Carlos shouldn't be counted on to do much against LHP, it's more mental than anything and figured to see an improvement from him. So far he has crushed LHP this season.

Plus, a good breaking ball hitter like Frank needs Paulie's line-up protection less than a fastball hitter like Valentin who is VERY uncomfortable with the breaking ball against lefties after 20 years of switch-hitting. Moreover, since Konerko and Crede ocassionally use the opposite field, I thought you can do some imaginative things with Lee and Valentin on the basepaths and take away some of Konerko's GIDP. Crede should protect Paulie nicely.

You can always drop Val into the 8th spot and re-arragne the Lee-Konerko-Crede order depending on who happends to be hotter against LHP at any given moment.

If Harris keeps goin like this can any1 say Junior Spivey? Anyways I think Jose should not be in the #2 spot at all, he strikes out way too much. I'd giv Rowand a shot in the #2 spot 1st, because Lee's been very productive so far in the #5 hole, and I'd almost give Joe Crede a chance before Lee if Rowand falters.

Luis Castillo would have been a real nice pickup.... :headshake

For someone who's only been good 2 years and has lost the special speed he possessed, I don't think he is worth what he is making.

The Sox can't even pay Robbie 1 Mill -- how the hell are they gonna pay a ?? like Castillo 7-8 times that over multiple years?

DBHA0 is on the right track with Spivey, but he is making 2.5 Mill and Brewers aren't about to pick up his salary.

Baltimore's Roberts remains the best candidate. Cheap and underrated.

i wonder if they'd be willing to move roberts once hairston comes back. not that kenny'll care.

Kenny might care when his ass is fired, which it will be if the team is not in 1st place come summer-time if not before that.

Then again.....

One of Roberts or Hairston will be traded, I'd actually prefer Hairston but he's injury prone. I'd absolutely luv Vidro but there's no chance of that happenin, unless we gave up a stud prospect. Otha possibilities mayb Scott Hairston and Matt Kata from Arizona or Freddy Sanchez from Pittsburgh.

I hate to panic early, but I wonder how many other organizations

think Willie Harris is a bonafide big league hitter.

I'm not giving up on him, I'm just curious.

Our battle cry for this series probably should be, "Let's Win One."

We had no chance today against the Bronx Spenders

55,000 fans their big money lineup? We had NO Chance.

I hate to panic early, but I wonder how many other organizations

think Willie Harris is a bonafide big league hitter.

I'm not giving up on him, I'm just curious.

Our battle cry for this series probably should be, "Let's Win One."

We had no chance today against the Bronx Spenders

55,000 fans their big money lineup? We had NO Chance.

It wasn't their lineup that did us in today. It was Vazquez.

I'd absolutely luv Vidro but there's no chance of that happenin, unless we gave up a stud prospect. Otha possibilities mayb Scott Hairston and Matt Kata from Arizona or Freddy Sanchez from Pittsburgh.

Vidro is not an option -- too much money. Like I said before, if Kenny doesn't want Robbie for a Mill, he ain't spending millions PLUS a prospect.

Arizona would be stupid to give up Kata. He's done nothing but hit so far. He will be cheap until at least 2007.

Vidro is not an option -- too much money. Like I said before, if Kenny doesn't want Robbie for a Mill, he ain't spending millions PLUS a prospect.

Arizona would be stupid to give up Kata. He's done nothing but hit so far.    He will be cheap until at least 2007.

Arizona already has Robbie Alomar playin 2B and Alex Cintron playin SS. I think we could get one of Hairston or Kata, although you are right Brando, they would be stupid to giv em up. If we offered Jon Rauch and maybe a Chris Young, they could seriously think about it.

Arizona already has Robbie Alomar playin 2B and Alex Cintron playin SS. I think we could get one of Hairston or Kata, although you are right Brando, they would be stupid to giv em up. If we offered Jon Rauch and maybe a Chris Young, they could seriously think about it.

I am a big Hairston fan, he is a nice obp hitter and is fast as hell.

I don't know what we would have to give up though.

send 'em rauch....

if he does well, at least we lost him to the NL.... if he doesn't do well, like his ST last years in AZ, then we have a replacement 2B at the tune of yet another "can't miss" prospect.

if the d-backs aren't contending this year, they might be looking to retool their team. maybe our intent was to try to get alomar back half-way through this season??

Arizona already has Robbie Alomar playin 2B and Alex Cintron playin SS. I think we could get one of Hairston or Kata

Kata is a better hitter than Robbie at this point and he might improve as young hitters a sometimes do.

Robbie is such an after-thought, it's not even funny.

Which is why Sox should pursue him if Roberts doesn't work out. Throw Zona a prospect and they might pick up part of his salary.