Strange scheduling might help the Sox

sox-r-us

I just saw that we do not play the Tigers at all until after the AS break

I am hoping by then they will have cooled off and fallen out of contention to have started selling.....that will help us win games against them.....last year the losses against them hurt us the most

But now with 18 games against them when they might be out of it would be cool

I am hoping by then they will have cooled off and fallen out of contention to have started selling.....that will help us win games against them.....last year the losses against them hurt us the most

The Tigers have a strong offense. I'm not thrilled at getting to play them that many times in the 2nd half.

They were a nightmare for us last season, I just hope that doesn't continue.

Yeah, and the other quirk is that we are already done with teams like Texas, NYY, Toronto, and Tampa Bay.

We've had good luck with the scheduling so far, catching the Yankees early was a break, Toronto and Kansas City early was a break. Hopefully we can actually advantage of it though. ;)

We've had good luck with the scheduling so far, catching the Yankees early was a break, Toronto and Kansas City early was a break. Hopefully we can actually advantage of it though.  ;)

Plus it kind of sucks - We get Oakland and Anahiem for eight each (IIRC), and Minny gets Tampa Bay and Baltimore.

Plus it kind of sucks - We get Oakland and Anahiem for eight each (IIRC), and Minny gets Tampa Bay and Baltimore.

Look at our 2nd half schedule compared to Minny's, you'd rather play all the good teams early to get em out of the way. :)

I know we have had major issues with the Tigers but my point is they might unload some of their vets if they are not in contention after the AS break

Eg someone like Rondell White or even IRod who is only signed for two years I believe

I know we have had major issues with the Tigers but my point is they might unload some of their vets if they are not in contention after the AS break

Eg someone like Rondell White or even IRod who is only signed for two years I believe

No way IRod is going anywhere

The Tigers are no joke.

Taking them lightly would be a huge mistake.

We need to play every game like it's game 7 of the World Series... :bringit

Don't you get it?

I am saying by then they may have sold some of their vets like Rondell White and that can only help us

Get it?

The Tigers are no joke.

Taking them lightly would be a huge mistake.

We need to play every game like it's game 7 of the World Series... :bringit

No we don't.

Taking them lightly would be a mistake, but taking an attitude that it is the 7th game of the World Series against them every game would also be a mistake, because quite frankly, it's not.

The only time it's game 7 is when there is no tomorrow for your season. That could be game 4 when you are down 3-0, could be game 3 if you're down 2-0, could be game 7 if you're tied 3-3. Period.

The Tigers are mediocre. We should take them as a mediocre team with a solid offense and a s*** rotation.

We're going also Yas. Gotta get those AS tickets for next year.  ;)

I'll be there for the Monday night game, for sure. Maybe both. I'll be in the 6th row behind the Rangers dugout. Maybe we can have a mini Sox tailgate party. :lol: