Positive Koch Thread

Texsox

He never ducked the media, he never ducked the responsibility, he never acted unprofessional. He seemed to be giving 110% effort every time out there. He wasn't a Tub-o-Goo. He didn't beg to be traded.

I'm not saying I disagree with moving him, his days were over last season as far as I'm concerned. Keeping him this season was either a mistake, or no one would take him, or they wanted Shingo to be comfy.

But, I do respect his work ethic and his professionalism.

He never ducked the media, he never ducked the responsibility, he never acted unprofessional. He seemed to be giving 110% effort every time out there. He wasn't a Tub-o-Goo. He didn't beg to be traded.

I'm not saying I disagree with moving him, his days were over last season as far as I'm concerned. Keeping him this season was either a mistake, or no one would take him, or they wanted Shingo to be comfy.

I think that's how most of us feel. He really was a class act that didn't try and blame anyone else but himself.

Koch gets fresh start with Marlins

"I've never had my ERA drop so much in one day," said Koch, who will get a clean slate in moving to the National League for the first time in his career

"I told Kenny that it's just a shame that you put your neck out there, you traded some good players to get me over here, put the money on the table for me, and I wasn't able to the job done for you," Koch said. "That's my only regret. I had a lot of fun in Chicago."

"I just [stunk]," said Koch, who rarely was at a loss for words and never hid from the media, no matter what bad pitching situation he found himself in. "For whatever reason, I just didn't get the job done. I need to turn the page now. It's a fresh start.  "This is hard because I love everybody in this clubhouse, and I'm going to miss them. Shingo has the stuff to get it done, and I wish him 100 percent success.

"It's a change of scenery. It's good for me, rather then sitting down there and rotting. And now they don't have to have a heart attack every time I come into the game."

Koch is still one of my favorite guys. I only wish things would have gone better for him in a ChiSox uni. I still root for him, and hope that things go better in Florida. Maybe he can knock the Flubs outta the playoffs for us, that would be ample payback for me.

Billy Koch didn't pitch well for us, that's a fact. But rarely do you see a guy step up and accept responsibilty for failure the way he did. He may not have earned my respect as a pitcher, but he damn sure did as a man.

Best of luck to you, Billy Koch.

Ditto.

Everytime he would do something wrong, you always heard him ousting himself. Maybe in Florida, that confidence will come back, and the intimidation factor will more so come into play.

I see him being the Chad Fox of this years Marlins team, and I think the change of scenery will be great.

So best of luck to you Billy, thank you Marlins for taking on some of what he's owed, and thank you Kenny for doing something productive for this team.

I was excited when we got Koch, I won't miss what he brought the team on the field, but I was out at spring training, and he was the guy who talked to people and signed autographs the longest. It's refreshing to see a guy who can be going through the worst struggles of his career and still gives good interviews and interacts positively with fans.

That being said, Koch didn't increase our chances to win on the field, so it was definitely time for him to move on. Hopefully it's best for Billy and the Sox.

You said:

I could care less how nice of a guy he was. He sucked when it counted on the field.

Thanks for telling us you suck Billy, like we didn't realize that already.

Good Riddance.

--Wow, tough crowd.

I agree with everybody else who thought Koch was a class

act and I wish him well also.

He did suck in Chicago, but s*** happens.

I am so glad we got Koch. After our bullpen's meltdowns this season, he is a welcome addition.

I am sure that all of us wish the best for koch while he is with you, but i have a feeling the change of scenery is not gonna help him much if any.