ESPN 1000: Freddy Garcia traded to the White Sox

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone here was begging for pitching help, begging.  Kenny goes and gets us the best starter available in Freddy Garcia, and you guys b****.

Look - he might have overpaid a bit, but pitching is what is going to win us this division.  Kenny went out and just got us a top of the line pitcher.  I know it hurts losing Olivo, but he was only catching two of our four pitchers. 

We now have Garcia-Buerhle-Loaiza as our Big 3.  I'm excited as hell about that...

your definitely right, it's just first impressions for most of us are that we definitely overpaid. It probably will pay off in the end though.

The only way I will like this deal is if freddy signs long term and the money that was brought in with this trade is able to resign maggs.....i still liked the maggs and rauch for ortiz and jones better, i thought olivo was an untouchable.....

This is a little off topic, but no one's really mentioned that the Twins lost today!  Way to go Brewers! :headbang Only 1 game back now...

1 GB with like 90 games left.

That GB could be 10, and it still wouldn't matter. This team is now set for a run. They just took two HUGE games against the Cubs to salvage a series, and this trade happens. We lose Mo, and that hurts like hell(as I said, a swift kick in the groin), but don't think about what we lost, think about what we got gained.

We have all the momentum. Whether we use that and go on a run, or we s*** it down the toilet and start to sell a month from now, no matter.

We will win, or we will not. It's John Madden logic, but it's true nonetheless. I think we win.

Kenny is beginning to think about the Cell as I do: pitching & D first, hitting second.

In Seattle, they think they got fleeced. They think it's a horrible deal & they should have gotten much more for Garcia. But I think they are thinking in terms of MLB talent.

They are getting 3 cheap players who could one day make an all-star team. But they have no idea that's what they are getting.

Morse's loss mean Val is likely to stay with the SOX. Valentin is becoming a media icon on the team & his Jose chant is bigger & louder than O-E-O. Plus there is a wealth of statistics available to prove that Val's athleticism will help a team more than a sure-handed glove. His 20-25 HR's a yr makes him a crowd favorite.

What hasn't been said about Reed? But let's keep in mind that he projects as a corner OFer & this organization (KW) has proven time & again the ability to get quality players to fill that position both thru FA & drafting.

I'm not alone believing that Miguel Olivo is on the verge of greatness. In terms of pitching & D this is the biggest hurt in this trade for the SOX this year. I've heard good things about the guy the SOX are getting in the M's trade to fill Olivo's spot, but there's a better than 50% chance that Olivo is going to put up all-star like numbers in the 2nd half.

When it all comes down to it you have to ask a few simple questions:

Can Buehrle, E-LO, Garland, (Schow/Diaz/Rauch) beat the A's, the Red Sox, & the Yankees? Because that's the road to the World Series.

Do the SOX have the lineup to get to the World Series? Yes. Even the bench is strong.

Do the SOX have the bullpen to get to the World Series? No. But picking up Garcia & possibly Ortiz will shift Garland & Schow into a bullpen in a short series & then I think the answer is Yes.

Do the SOX have the rotation to get to the World Series? No.

Garcia should get them the division but they need Ortiz to get to the World Series.

Does any one really have confidence in Garland in the post season?

If the rumors are true then getting Andruw Jones & Ortiz for Maggs, cash, & a prospect is the move the SOX need to make. I believe that 1) Borchard will be the prospect & 2) this is the last chance for Maggs. The SOX have a chance to pick up the Braves work horse in Ortiz, & arguably the best CFer in the game for giving up a 1/2 season of Maggs. So either he accepts 70/5 with deferred comp or he's GAWN!

Andruw Jones has what I call silent production. He's been #1, #2 in TB's on the Braves 3 yrs in row. Now that to me is pretty significant considering the offensive success the Braves had have in the past. What I love in getting Jones is that Rowand can then move to RF for most of the season & now we have 3 web-gemmers in the OF. The SOX might have the best D OF in the game with Jones & I guarantee you his numbers will improve big time in the SOX lineup. You've got a chance to get a 5 time GG who could be a 30/300/100 guy in this lineup for about 45/3.

This is the best answer for the SOX to Minn Torri Hunter. I believe Jones in the Cell will equal more wins over the next 3 yrs than Maggs in RF.

I just got home from the game. I found out about this in the parking lot, looking for my car. I heard "We just got Freddy Garcia" and I was like, YEAH! Then, I asked who we gave up and I heard Olivo/Reed and I was like "awwwww." I'm glad though. Freddy better come through!!!!!

1 GB with like 90 games left. 

That GB could be 10, and it still wouldn't matter.  This team is now set for a run.  They just took two HUGE games against the Cubs to salvage a series, and this trade happens.  We lose Mo, and that hurts like hell(as I said, a swift kick in the groin), but don't think about what we lost, think about what we got gained. 

We have all the momentum.  Whether we use that and go on a run, or we s*** it down the toilet and start to sell a month from now, no matter. 

We will win, or we will not.  It's John Madden logic, but it's true nonetheless.  I think we win.

And just wait till Maggs is back. The Sox will start their winning streak and kick ass :D

I say good luck to Miguel Olivo; he is a class act and he's gonna be an allstar.

Congrats to KW on getting your man...now sign him to a 3-5 year contract, now, get us a good catcher and re-sign Mags!!!

Oh...one more thing...Sox, please go to Minny and kick Twins ass!

Congrats, you cubkillers!!!

:headbang

:fthecubs