Quote from Kenny

DABearSoX

"There could be additional pitching help or even a No. 1-type of catcher on the horizon. But if they are coming to the White Sox, it's a good bet they are coming in early July."

looks like we will see whats in store in the near future

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"There could be additional pitching help or even a No. 1-type of catcher on the horizon. But if they are coming to the White Sox, it's a good bet they are coming in early July."

The general consensus is that there's another deal in the offing for the Sox. Only question is how big a deal is KW going to make.

We're not gettin Kendall, unless Pittsburgh pays half of his remaining contract which ain't gonna happen. Charles Johnson or Brian Schneider I feel will be the guys we go after.

why would we do the CJ thing again?

He walked on us once

that is enough for me

I hope we dont give up "that" much for all of this. And he said EVEN a No.1 type catcher which means its most likely Kendall. ;)

Where is this quote from? That's a pretty big statement, saying we're going after a No. 1 type catcher. You think about it, go down the list of "top tier" catchers and figure out who's even remotely available:

Jorge Posada - No.

Jason Varitek - No.

Javy Lopez - Though the O's are well out of it, nobody's told them that. Lopez will be around for next year when they throw more money around.

Ivan Rodriguez - He's just started a contract.

Mike Piazza - No.

Mike Lieberthal - No.

Jason Kendall - Pirates are going nowhere and have tried to unload him for years.

A.J. Pierzynski - Never.

Paul Lo Duca - No reason for LA to trade him now.

Ramon Hernandez - No reason for Padres to trade him.

It can only be Kendall or Rodriguez, unless we're really stretching the definition of "No.1-type catcher". I-Rod is actually cheaper than Kedall believe it or not. I still don't even want to imagine what kind of prospects we'd have to give up to get these guys.

I'm gettin goose bumps right now.  KW is not messin around I see.  I just hope he doesn't get fleeced.

As long as he trades minor leaguers for major leaguers I don't think he can get fleeced. It seems the Marlins either finish last or win a WS. I'll trade a couple years of hell for WS bunting hanging from the Cell.

As long as he trades minor leaguers for major leaguers I don't think he can get fleeced. It seems the Marlins either finish last or win a WS. I'll trade a couple years of hell for WS bunting hanging from the Cell.

:headbang Can't disagree with that.