It's Official, Sox get Everett

maggsmaggs

Everett can opt out of his contract after the 2004 season, and there's a team option for $5 million in 2006 that also includes a $500,000 buyout. The White Sox are responsible for only a pro-rated minimum salary during the remainder of the 2004 season, or less than $150,000.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everett can opt out of his contract after the 2004 season, and there's a team option for $5 million in 2006 that also includes a $500,000 buyout. The White Sox are responsible for only a pro-rated minimum salary during the remainder of the 2004 season, or less than $150,000.

Dang, doesn't sound too bad. They aren't paying him much anything, which means the Sox still have the ability to add another pitcher or catcher.

Dang, doesn't sound too bad.  They aren't paying him much anything, which means the Sox still have the ability to add another pitcher or catcher.

Ahhhh Jason....

The catcher from Montreal.... the one you want as you put in your sig, is Brian Schneider not Matt... :lol:

Unless he's got a twin brother we don't know about :D

Why do you say it's guaranteed Rauch will never be better

than a No. 5 starter?

That reliever we gave up sounds decent, too, if it's true

he throws 95.

Hopefully that was a typo by somebody.

We would not give up a 95 mph fastball for

aging, injured. Carl Everett.

than a No. 5 starter?

he throws 95.

You can throw 100 if you throw it straight in the Majors you're gonna get hit, Just ask Billy Koch

than a No. 5 starter?

he throws 95.

He throws 95 and has the shot to be a quality reliever, but arm doesn't mean too much. Their are tons and tons and tons of guys with great arms that don't pan out.

As far as Rauch goes, he would never amount to anything if he stayed in Chicago. He may turn into a decent 4 or 5 somewhere else (I doubt it), but regardless of the fact, it wasn't happening in Chicago, so Im' glad the Sox got something of value for him.

Majewski is a relief prospect and the Sox have a lot of other guys producing, although I don't think any of them have as good of an arm. But I am probably the person highest on Majewski. One thing to watch is that none of the other organizations he's ever been on have thought to highly of him.

Like Cheat said, he may just find a way back to Chicago before its all set or done. This also opens up a spot on the 40 man roster.

He throws 95 and has the shot to be a quality reliever, but arm doesn't mean too much.  Their are tons and tons and tons of guys with great arms that don't pan out.

As far as Rauch goes, he would never amount to anything if he stayed in Chicago.  He may turn into a decent 4 or 5 somewhere else (I doubt it), but regardless of the fact, it wasn't happening in Chicago, so Im' glad the Sox got something of value for him. 

Majewski is a relief prospect and the Sox have a lot of other guys producing, although I don't think any of them have as good of an arm.  But I am probably the person highest on Majewski.  One thing to watch is that none of the other organizations he's ever been on have thought to highly of him.

Like Cheat said, he may just find a way back to Chicago before its all set or done.  This also opens up a spot on the 40 man roster.

Majewski is gone cause of one guy.. Bajenaru

Sox are probably higher on Bajenaru right now

You can throw 100 if you throw it straight in the Majors you're gonna get hit, Just ask Billy Koch

Botch never threw 100 MPH for us, more like low 90's, and with no movement he got hammered.

Well, getting Jurrasic is a gamble. I hated giving up Rauch simply because he was a tradable commodity. However, apparently, teams weren't knocking down the dor trying to get him after KW announced that Rauch was done with the Sox. This could prove to be a minimum risk, High yeild deal for us though.