music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 05:40 AM)
the new mars volta album "Amputechture" is the suck, this album and Frances The Mute have been very disapointing, and i like instramental bands like Explosions in the Sky.

At first I thought the same,but after listening to it a few times I love it all.You have to be very patient to listen to their music.But i can see how people can hate them.its an aquired taste.i will check out Explosions in the Sky,hopefully they are on myspace.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 04:36 AM)
I'm not a fan of Justin Timberlake, but I have to admit his new song "My Love" isn't bad.

Who else is man enough to admit they like it?

Guess it's just me. :D

*downloaded entire album when it leaked, and really likes it*

per Mars Volta - amputechtre is horrid. One of the worst albums i've forced myself to listen to. At the drive-in was one of my favorite bands, to me it seems the members of sparta kept omar and co. conventional enough while omar and co. kept them experimental and it was a good mix. Now mars volta is, i guess, just a joke. I hear what they are trying to do, and besides the fact that what they are trying to do I hate in general, but its even better that they fail miserably at it. It's actually quite a document of what not to become, a bunch of dudes diddling on a guitar but adding EXTRA importance to it by having abstract lyrics and making the song 20 minutes long!!! REVOLUTIONARY

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
Issue 1 of my magazine is now done. I get it from the printers tomorrow. :D

How can I get an issue?

A little help, can someone tell me who Danny Kirwan is and why should I care? I understand he was a bit of a prodigy in Fleetwood Mac, before Stevie Nicks but . . .

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
How can I get an issue?

The link where is says "Sonic Ruin" in my signature is the My Space site with info there. I don't really want to post all of the info here without the "O.K." from powers that be, due to my not wanting to be 100% spam. Obviously I was going to mention it being done though. But the info is at the My Space site, and eventually there will be a website for it with all of the info. I've found a couple errors in the issue though. Eh, I guess that was expected. :bang

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
The intro to "jenny is a friend of mine" by the killers is one of the coolest guitar sounds i've ever heard.

Speaking of the killers i really like their new single, and am looking forward to their new album.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
I'm looking forward to the 20th-23rd down here, Pygmalion Music Fest is coming and I'm going to go see Of Montreal, Murder By Death, and Judah Johnson for sure. I've not seen them yet, but Murder By Death is supposed to put on a ridiculous show.

I remember seeing them with the Lawrence Arms at the Fireside Bowl, a few years ago, and they were ridiculously boring.