Aaron Rowand

valponick

As far as I am concerned Ozzie CAN NOT take Aaron out of the leadoff spot the rest of the year (assuming we don't pick up a prototypical leadoff man). I know he doesn't have the blazing speed, can't lay down drag bunts or do other things like that but he has the best HEAD for that spot. He is old school and plays the game right. He can hit for average and power, has been successful stealing bases and doesn't strike out a whole lot. This is just ones man opinion but I feel best when Aaron is leading off rather than Willie, Uribe or Timo.

I don't know about leadoff, because he is a little unconventional, but you could almost make the case for ARow hitting 3rd.

No, that's just recipe for disaster - he'll start pulling and uppercutting again trying to justify the move. He was a .230 hitter when he was doing that.

Don't look now but Willie got on base twice again. Against a right-handed pitcher, he should be leading off, with Aaron in the 2-hole where he'll see fastballs in front of Carlos and Konerko and with Willie hopefully on base..

Against left-handed pitching, Aaron leading off is fine by me.

No, that's just recipe for disaster - he'll start pulling and uppercutting again trying to justify the move. He was a .230 hitter when he was doing that.

Don't look now but Willie got on base twice again. Against a right-handed pitcher, he should be leading off, with Aaron in the 2-hole where he'll see fastballs in front of Carlos and Konerko and with Willie hopefully on base..

Against left-handed pitching, Aaron leading off is fine by me.

Very good observation. I totally agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We've got enough holes as it is.

you could almost make the case for ARow hitting 3rd.

Yeah, you could. He definitely has a good enough avg. and gets on-base enough to be there. However, then we have to have willie and uribe/valentin in the leadoff and 2 spot, which doens't make me too excited.