Freddy scratched

jeremyb

allegedly tightness in his right forearm

let's hope that is all it is -- and let's hope the Sox take it as a message not to abuse Freddy, Buehrle and Garland in a fruitless push for a division title.

ease up on those guys, please.

the season is toast.

Save the wear and tear on elbows and rotator cuffs for another fight

If it's true Freddy is ailing, I hope they shut him down for the rest of the year.  Absolutely no reason to injure him..

Unless of course it's structural...

Come to think of it, Contreras hasn't topped 92 on the gun in a while, either.

:o

If there's any doubt on his shoulder or arm, shut him down. I don't care bout only losing this division by a few games instead of 10 or 12, if it means we get a healthy Garcia pitching next season. He's too important.

White Sox docs in particular have such a long illustrious history with initial dignosis, don't they?

Danny Wright? Uh, he's got a dead arm. A year and countless meatballs later? Oh, it's only rotator cuff and labrum tears....rolleyeyes.gif

It's scary how many pitchers lose armspeed soon after putting on the ol' Silva'n'Black.

Grilli has some bad control problems i thought, so i am not having high expectations for him.

It really should be Diaz getting the start in my opinion, but the Sox have stuffed up him starting and bringing him up so many times this season they should just leave him where he is.

Freddy Garcia - S - White Sox

Freddy Garcia has been scratched from his start Friday with tightness in his right forearm.

Jason Grilli will replace Garcia, with Josh Stewart expected to be sent down to open up a roster spot. "It's not a big deal," manager Ozzie Guillen said. "We'll skip him for a start. I think that is all he will have to miss. We don't want to take a chance and make it worse." Don't be surprised if this is worse than Guillen is letting on. The White Sox are pretty much out of it now, so if Garcia continues to experience soreness, he'll probably be shut down. Aug. 26 - 11:56 pm et

From roto world.

Freddy Garcia - S - White Sox

Freddy Garcia has been scratched from his start Friday with tightness in his right forearm.

Jason Grilli will replace Garcia, with Josh Stewart expected to be sent down to open up a roster spot. "It's not a big deal," manager Ozzie Guillen said. "We'll skip him for a start. I think that is all he will have to miss. We don't want to take a chance and make it worse." Don't be surprised if this is worse than Guillen is letting on. The White Sox are pretty much out of it now, so if Garcia continues to experience soreness, he'll probably be shut down. Aug. 26 - 11:56 pm et

From roto world.

This does explain the loss in "stuff" we've been seeing. ;)

This does explain the loss in "stuff" we've been seeing. ;)

I haven't seen a loss of "stuff" from Freddy Garcia. Just two starts ago he struck out 7 batters in a row, to me that doesn't qualify as a loss of "stuff". I think that the Sox made a mistake in going to the 4 man rotation, even if it was just for 1 start per pitcher, this means a lot more per pitcher than it might seem. Going on 1 days less rest is bigtime when you get your arm in a groove to throw during a designated amount of time.

I haven't seen a loss of "stuff" from Freddy Garcia.  Just two starts ago he struck out 7 batters in a row, to me that doesn't qualify as a loss of "stuff". I think that the Sox made  a mistake in going to the 4 man rotation, even if it was just for 1 start per pitcher, this means a lot more per pitcher than it might seem.  Going on 1 days less rest is bigtime when you get your arm in a groove to throw during a designated amount of time.

That ONLY affected Garland and Buehrle. Garcia had his normal period of rest.