Ozzie unloads on Showalter

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozzie has never classy and he's always been fiesty. He was a known quantity when he was hired. Nobody should be even mildly shocked by Guillen's response. Showalter comes across to me as a Napoleon wannabe. He puts his hand in his pocket instead of his vest or jacket. Let Ozzie crack on Showalter all he wants to. Showalter's a tool.

s*** Ozzie is so good he can talk in green :lol:

I saw Ozzie during his playing days against the Brewers. My employer leased several Lexus (Lexi?) from Selig Leasing and we had supposedly Buds seats for the game. They were second row up from the visitors on deck circle. Why the owner would be on the visitor side, if true, explains a lot about Selig (Duh,we sit where?)

Anyhow Ozzie is at bat and get ab-so-f***in-lutly robbed out of extra bases by the Brewers 3rd baseman. Its a tight game and Oz is now 0-4, with 4 rockets. As he nears the dugout his helmet comes flying off his head and flung into the sugout as he yells F*ck this m*th*erf*cking game!

I looked around me and said "Well his English sure has improved." :lol:

His latest comments? Classless, yes. Professional, no. Funny as hell? yes.

and I also think it tells he's as mad about a 2nd place finish as the rest of us cursed fans.

Like some of you, I too lost some respect for Ozzie. Especially when he kept saying over and over he was a lot better ball player than Showalter. I'm sure that was the case, but this is managing now, it's a lot different than playing. Did Ron Gardenhire have a great playing career? Doubt it. There's really no need for Ozzie to bring the past about playing careers out. This is managing now, not playing.

Like some of you, I too lost some respect for Ozzie. Especially when he kept saying over and over he was a lot better ball player than Showalter. I'm sure that was the case, but this is managing now, it's a lot different than playing. Did Ron Gardenhire have a great playing career? Doubt it. There's really no need for Ozzie to bring the past about playing careers out. This is managing now, not playing.

ozzie always had an ego............... even in his playing days, the day that sox traded him, he blasted the team and players.

Sorry, I must have missed something Buck said, because what's in those quotes should not have set Ozzie off that way. Here's what happened:  Ozzie was embarassed that he was wrong, so he came out lashing......like an idiot.

i disagee, he got defensive and went on the offense................ how many people does that................ alot.

if anyone was wrong, it should have been showalter............ he blew it out of porportion.

on the other hand, ozzie did go overboard on his rant........... just a typical hispanic, letting the temper get the best of him........

:headbang

fyi, i am hispanic.

I would like to ask this question then---would you have rather had Jerry Manuel in that situation where you could actually see pee trickling down his leg???  Ozzie is the s***, everyone knows Buck is an ass-always has been

i can deal with a manager being an ass, if he get the team to win.

different sport but the end result is winning.

hockey - mike keenan(sp)

I would like to ask this question then---would you have rather had Jerry Manuel in that situation where you could actually see pee trickling down his leg???  Ozzie is the s***, everyone knows Buck is an ass-always has been

A hard-ass who doesn't take s*** does not a good manager make.

i disagee, he got defensive and went on the offense................ how many people does that................ alot.

if anyone was wrong, it should have been showalter............ he blew it out of porportion.

on the other hand, ozzie did go overboard on his rant........... just a typical hispanic, letting the temper get the best of him........

:headbang

fyi, i am hispanic.

Showalter was right, Ozzie questioned him and was proven wrong. I like Ozzie, but he blew this one, no big deal.

Showalter was right, Ozzie questioned him and was proven wrong.

No, Ozzie was right. Showalter said Ozzie didn't know the rules, when in fact it Ozzie was correct and it was Buck who didn't know the rules. Showalter should have kept his mouth shut since he was in the wrong to begin with.