Next Year............

Hawk

The Sox even without any offseason moves are pretty much a lock for 90+ wins next year and I really can't wait! We showed the Twins who the real divison champs were by beating them the last two out of three at the cell. The Twins showed their true colors by dropping those games, they showed that they run and hide when playing a real team.

The Sox sent a serious statement to the Royals last night beating them in come from behind fashion.

I said without any offseason moves this team was a lock for 90+ wins, but just imagine all the moves that are going to be made in the offseason.

1. Valentine out! Renterria In! - That announcemnt will make a great Christmas present when its announced.

2. Beltran signs cheap! - Ozzie will sit down and talk with him and show him how this team is a lock for next year. How can you pass up an oppurtunity to play for one of the games finest managers and one of the most prestigious franchises in baseball history? YOU CAN'T!

3. Next years AL Cy Young winner Carl Pavano signs. The Sox will make a huge splash in the baseball world by announcing this one!

4. Ozzie will be given a contract extension.

5. Mota will be brought in to close games.

I fully expect the Sox to be in the 110-115 range in wins next year no problem.

1. Valentine out! Renterria In! - That announcemnt will make a great Christmas present when its announced.

2. Beltran signs cheap! - Ozzie will sit down and talk with him and show him how this team is a lock for next year. How can you pass up an oppurtunity to play for one of the games finest managers and one of the most prestigious franchises in baseball history? YOU CAN'T!

3. Next years AL Cy Young winner Carl Pavano signs. The Sox will make a huge splash in the baseball world by announcing this one!

1 - Renteria is too expensive. He'll resign with the Cards most likely.

2 - Beltran will sign with the Yanks, or resign with the Astros.

3 - Looks like Florida will do everything they can to resign Pavano, or he'll be headed to the Yanks or Red Sox.

4 - Ozzie won't be given an extension. He has a 2 year deal with a team option for a 3rd.

5 - Mota isn't a free agent. Benitez is.

The Sox even without any offseason moves are pretty much a lock for 90+ wins next year and I really can't wait! We showed the Twins who the real divison champs were by beating them the last two out of three at the cell. The Twins showed their true colors by dropping those games, they showed that they run and hide when playing a real team.

The Sox sent a serious statement to the Royals last night beating them in come from behind fashion.

I said without any offseason moves this team was a lock for 90+ wins, but just imagine all the moves that are going to be made in the offseason.

Once more what the hell are you smoking?

Signed, Hawk Harrelson

They could not win 115 games with the Yankees payroll :chair

Good call Cheat...by the way Poppy, if you want, just tell us and we can do name changes so the posts counts stay and what not.

As far as your ideas, I think they are far fetched. However, I think if the Sox pitching steps up and gets healthy and they add an extra arm or two, that alone could give this team the potential to do something along those lines.

However, I must say I don't have much faith as of this minute, but I do like the idea of Garcia for a full season, although I don't think he's anywhere near 100% right now.

Good call Cheat...by the way Poppy, if you want, just tell us and we can do name changes so the posts counts stay and what not. 

As far as your ideas, I think they are far fetched.  However, I think if the Sox pitching steps up and gets healthy and they add an extra arm or two, that alone could give this team the potential to do something along those lines. 

However, I must say I don't have much faith as of this minute, but I do like the idea of Garcia for a full season, although I don't think he's anywhere near 100% right now.

Hawk is poppy. :lol:

How long can kenny williams sit there without signing a competent fifth starter before we fire him?

Needs:

Better third baseman

Willie Harris or Jose Valentin to get the boot (Valentin's gone but preferably Harris too)

Garland put up or shut up

Better right fielder

Fifth starter (or maybe 1,2,3, or 4)