Javier Vasquez

DBAHO

Rumors flying thick and fast out of New York that Vasquez could be on the trading block. He's got 3 years left on a 4 year $45 million deal. Now the Yanks have holes at 2B or 3B if they move Jeter and A-Rod across, and pitching in general. I'd doubt we could do a straight deal with them, maybe Texas could be involved with Soriano heading back to New York. Of course this is all dependent on whether KW even wants another starter IF he doesn't sign one as a FA.

While I wouldn't mind getting Vazquez, I doubt the Sox would want anything to do with his 9 Million dollar contract. Yanks would have to pick some of that up to make it viable. For that money though I would think Pavano would be a better choice. IMO.

I don't think Pavano will be headed our way. If the Yanks pick up Lieber's option, and sign a FA pitcher like Pavano, they might have to move Vasquez or Kevin Brown possibly.

I would take Vazquez before Brown just due to health issues alone....Vazquez probably has that stage fright thing about being in NY. BTW is it Vasquez or Vazquez?? or wrong altogether? lol

Pretty sure it's Vasquez. My bad, it is indeed Vazquez. :banghead

Edited by DBAH0

I :wub:  Vazquez, but who would we have that the Yankees would want?  I don't think we would match up at all with them.

I agree. A third party would have to be involved for Vasquez to come to the Southside.

The first of the trade rumors surface only 8 HOURS after their defeat.

I'll have to admit...I thought it would take at least a little longer than that.

What about a deal centered around Konerko? I have always been a big Vazquez fan, and I think he would be a great addition. His trade value is a little down due to a sub-par season. I think the Yankees would be interested in Konerko. Giambi's health and production are huge question marks(probably a DH at best), and the Yankees had to turn to Clark and Olerud in the 2nd half, so a potential 40 HR hitter has to interest Cashman(if he is still with the Yankees) and GS. Salary wise that are even, although Vazquez still has two years left after the 2005 season(if I am not mistaken), so the Yankees might have to eat a little of that(5-6M over the last 2 years). I think a trade of Konerko for Vazquez would be something the Sox could consider, although it doesn't give them much money to improve other weakness(maybe sign cheap options like Hollandsworth - RF, Vizquel - SS, and Zaun - C and see what happens with a much improved rotation).

Maybe someone can help me here. I remember Vazquez making The Sox look absolutely silly the 2 times they faced him this year. Then again, I guess it is the whole pitchers they have never faced before situation. What happened to this guy down the stretch? His numbers were bad, but if it could be done I'd take a gamble on this guy.

I would take colon over vasquez anyday. I am probally the only one who thinks that though. Even after this year.

No. You're not alone. In fact, I think I might take Brown + Cash over Vazquez for three years. As least Brown will be done after this year, and maybe he can get into Garland's head. After all, Jon Garland is the next Kevin Brown.

Just say no to Javy Vazquez.

GO-AO ratio of 0.98, 0.78, and 0.80 in 02, 03, and 04 respectively.

He'd get hammered in USCF

He seemed to have no problems in his one start at the Cell in 2004 (8 IP 1 ER).

Olympic stadium had been playing as a hitters' park before this year so those numbers before 2004 are not just a result of the park he was pitching in.

He seemed to have no problems in his one start at the Cell in 2004 (8 IP 1 ER).

Olympic stadium had been playing as a hitters' park before this year so those numbers before 2004 are not just a result of the park he was pitching in.

That's one start. I'm using stats from over 3 full years.

From what I can tell just by looking at his GO-AO ratio, he'd get hammered in USCF. A deep fly ball to LCF in Yankee Stadium or even Olympic Stadium could be 10 rows back in USCF.