Sox interested in Walker and Renteria

maggsmaggs

The Sox apparently offered a 2-year, $4 million to Walker--comes source at http://mb3.scout.com/fchicagocubsfrm1.show...cID=18929.topic

-This one doesn't seem like a made up rumor, it actually seems true as evident by the Sox lowballing an offer to him

And on ESPN Radio 1000, Harry of Mac, Jurko and Harry said the Kenny Williams has jumped into the Edgar Renteria contest.

Not the best sources, but both seem accurate

Walker is a horrible secondbaseman. Its no coincidence that every team he's been on doesn't have much interest in bringing him back. He is better than Harris offensively by far, however. The only way I see the Sox signing him is if, indeed, they are moving Konerko and need more offense. They may even think of using him at first.

The Sox apparently offered a 2-year, $4 million to Walker--comes source at http://mb3.scout.com/fchicagocubsfrm1.show...cID=18929.topic

-This one doesn't seem like a made up rumor, it actually seems true as evident by the Sox lowballing an offer to him

And on ESPN Radio 1000, Harry of Mac, Jurko and Harry said the Kenny Williams has jumped into the Edgar Renteria contest.

Not the best sources, but both seem accurate

Why is tha a lowball? What did the Pinheads pay him last year?

never been a huge overall fan of Walker. pretty good bat, decent glove. I think the Sox, with every acquisition they make, having defense should be the first thing they look at.

the only way I would accept Walker is if the Sox shored up their D in right, then I could live with one liability.

never been a huge overall fan of Walker. pretty good bat, decent glove.  I think the Sox, with every acquisition they make, having defense should be the first thing they look at.

the only way I would accept Walker is if the Sox shored up their D in right, then I could live with one liability.

Molto if the sox were to sign walker and trade pauly, don't you think having Crede, Juan, and Gload around him in the infield would be pretty solid defensively???

I would love Todd Walker on the Sox starting at 2b, with Uribe at SS, and Willie as a bench player. Walker's defense is nowhere near as bad as people say it is. I watched almost every Cubs game last year, and he might not be the best, but he's no worse than what Robbie Alomar has become. As for his hitting, I can honestly say that he scared me when he was up more than almost anyone on the Cubs (I hate the Cubs, scared he would get a hit). Renteria is going to get a lot more money than what he actually deserves.

Molto if the sox were to sign walker and trade pauly, don't you think having Crede, Juan, and Gload around him in the infield would be pretty solid defensively???

you are right, and I could handle that if he would be a big part to our offense. While Walker is a pretty good player, I don't think his offense makes up for his defense.

in the end, I probably would be accepting of it, but I really want to see a good all-round defense.

NO NOt Todd walker.. This team is built around Pitching Speed and Def.. The Red Sox let Walker go becuase his D sucks.. So No I don't want him here

Renteria.. YEs I want him here..

pheew! for a second there I thought we agreed. I was about to have my head examined. Bring Walker in! His defense isn't the greatest but it isn't horrible. I would not mind him as our #2 hitter at all.

I don't know if anyone went to that message board, but its based on some poster claiming it. I didn't see an actual source anywhere.

Not blaming you MaggsMaggs, just saying I don't know if I'd think too much of this so called offer.

As far as Renteria goes, just say no, he isn't worth anything near the type of money he's seaking.

NO NOt Todd walker.. This team is built around Pitching Speed and Def.. The Red Sox let Walker go becuase his D sucks.. So No I don't want him here

Renteria.. YEs I want him here..

The Red Sox let him go because they didn't want to pay him the 5-6 million his agent was demanding, which when looked back upon was the right thing to do considering his best offer was slightly over 2 from the Indians.